ANZ Access Advantage Transaction Account
Make unlimited ANZ transactions and tap and pay using your compatible phone or wearable device with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay.
With an ANZ Access Advantage account you get a flexible everyday bank account that offers unlimited transactions. The Access Advantage doesn't charge a monthly fee if you deposit at least $2,000 per month. You can spend the money any way you want with the linked Visa debit card.
Fee Free Deposit
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
|Product Name||ANZ Access Advantage|
|Monthly account fee||$5|
|ATM Withdrawal Fee||$0|
|Internatonal ATM Fee||$5|
|International transaction fee||3%|
|Monthly deposit required to waive account fee||$2,000|
|Contactless Payments||Google Pay, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay|
Alison Banney is the banking and investments editor at Finder. She has written about finance for over six years with her work featured on sites including Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Dynamic Business.
The ANZ Access Advantage account is designed for everyday spending with a variety of different ways to pay. Make payments in store or online with the free Visa Debit Card, or use Visa payWave to tap and go for purchases under $100. You can also link your account to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay and leave your debit card at home.
There is a $5 monthly account keeping fee for this account. This can be waived if you deposit $2,000 a month, and it’s also waived if you’re a full time student or you’re under 21. That being said, there are a lot of transaction accounts in the market with no account keeping fees and no deposit conditions to meet.
You can make free ATM withdrawals at all ANZ, CBA, NAB and Westpac ATMs in Australia. This account does charge overseas ATM withdrawal fees and international transaction fees, so keep this in mind if you plan to do a lot of overseas travelling with this card.
Apple Pay available with your linked ANZ Visa Debit card
ANZ was the first out of the big four banks in Australia to launch Apple Pay. Apple Pay lets you purchase items with one natural motion. All you need to do is hold your iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 or iPhone SE to the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
How to link Apple Pay with your ANZ Visa Debit card
Go to Wallet > Click on the + symbol on the top right hand corner > Use your iPhone to scan the card (you can also manually put in the details) > Enter your card security code > Verify you card via SMS
Photo source: Apple.com
$0 Monthly account service fee when deposit conditions are met
As long as you deposit a minimum of $2,000 into the account by the last day of the month, the monthly fee is waived. If you miss the minimum deposit one month, you will be charged $5. This is a month by month feature, so if you miss the deposit cut off in January you can still qualify for no account fees in February.
Access to your account 24/7
You have 24/7 access to your account using an ANZ issued Visa debit card. You can use your Visa debit card online, over the phone and overseas. You can use ANZ Internet Banking, the ANZ App or ANZ phone banking.
Mobile app available
You can access your account on the go with the ANZ App. You can use the app to view your balance, track your spending and make payments quickly and easily, and can use your fingerprint or a unique PIN to log in quickly and securely.
Range of contactless payment options available
ANZ offers Apple Pay, ANZ Mobile Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, allowing you to simply tap and pay with your smartphone instead of using your debit card. Plus ANZ also enables you to make secure, contactless payments with a range of wearable devices, including Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Unlimited ANZ transactions and $0 withdrawal fees at thousands of ATMs
You can take advantage of free, unlimited ANZ transactions with your debit card by using it at ANZ ATMs and EFTPOS, plus unlimited electronic transfers. You can also make free ATM withdrawals at all CBA, NAB and Westpac ATMs in Australia.
$5 withdrawal fees for overseas ATMs
Be aware that a $5 fee applies for each transaction at an overseas non-ANZ ATM, and the ATM provider may also charge their own transaction fee.
International transaction fee
For any transactions made overseas, e.g.: EFTPOS transactions, you be will charged 3% of the transaction value.
$0 transaction fees
Free unlimited transactions are also provided when you access ANZ internet and phone banking.
Link to an ANZ savings account and earn interest
You can link your ANZ Access Advantage account with the ANZ Online Saver, ANZ Progress Saver or ANZ Term Deposits savings accounts.
Tiered interest rates to help you boost your savings
The higher your balance, the higher your interest rate.
Added security with ANZ Falcon
Enjoy added security provided by the ANZ Falcon fraud monitor to watch over all of your Access Visa debit card transactions. Whether you're shopping overseas or online, all transactions are automatically monitored. Any unusual or suspicious activity will be surveilled.
Optional overdraft and Informal Overdraft Facility
You can add an optional overdraft up to $500 or $1,000 to your account, so you can avoid dishonour fees if your account balance goes into the negative.
If you don't wish to add an optional overdraft, ANZ also offers an Informal Overdraft Facility. This means if you overdraw your account by less than $50 you won't be charged any fees. However, if your account becomes overdrawn by more than $50, a $6 daily fee applies (capped at 10 businesses days a month).
Get your monthly fee waived by meeting any of the following criteria
- If you're under 25 years of age or over 60
- You're a full time student at an Australia educational institution
- You currently receive a disability support pension or mobility allowance from Centrelink
- You currently have a ANZ home loan and have your salary credited to that account
- You have a combined deposit balance of $50,000 or more with ANZ
The benefits of the ANZ Visa Debit card
- You use your own money. Eliminate the risk of getting into debt by using your own money with the Visa debit card.
- You can make contactless payments using Visa payWave. Pay for your purchases under $100 with a 'tap' of your Visa debit card, giving you the convenience of making purchases on the go.
- You can choose from three colours. Choose from black, pink and blue when picking out your Visa debit card.
- You're protected by Visa Zero liability. If you've noticed fraudulent transactions on your statements, let ANZ know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible so swift action can be taken. With Visa's Zero Liability policy, you won't be held responsible.
How to apply
If you make monthly deposits of $2,000 or more, and like the idea of a fee free everyday account with a debit card that works like cash, you can get started by clicking 'go to site' to be taken to the secure application page.
Check the following conditions first to ensure that you are eligible:
- Age. Applicants must be at least 12 years old when applying for this account.
- Residency. You must have a valid Australian residential mailing address and be an Australian resident. If you are planning on moving to Australia you can begin the account application process ahead of time through ANZ's Moving to Australia information section.
- Account purpose. The ANZ Access Advantage everyday account is only for personal use, and not intended for businesses.
If you are eligible then continue on to your application for the ANZ Access Advantage account, which can be completed entirely online. It should take no more than ten minutes to finish filling out so long as you have the following information readily available:
- Identification. You will be asked to confirm your identity using a primary identification document such as an Australian driver's licence, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card. If you are a minor you can use your birth certificate along with another document such as a school issued ID card or Medicare card.
- ANZ customer registration number. If you are an existing ANZ customer you will be asked to provide the number that you use for ANZ internet and telephone banking.
- Citizens of the United States. If you are an Australian resident, yet a citizen of the United States, you will have to disclose this information at the time of application.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once you submit the application it may take up to two business days for your account to be set up while ANZ verifies your identity electronically. At that point you can begin making your monthly deposits in order to reach the $2,000 minimum needed to take advantage of the no monthly fee.