With an ANZ Access Advantage account you get a flexible everyday bank account that offers unlimited transactions. The Access Advantage doesn't charge a monthly fee if you deposit at least $2,000 per month. You can spend the money any way you want with the linked Visa debit card.
Enjoy the convenience of making purchases with your iPhone.
What are the features of the ANZ Access Advantage account?
With the ANZ Access Advantage everyday account you can manage your funds and track your spending from one convenient account. ANZ offers a variety of features that are worth considering when comparing to other banks.
Apple Pay now available with your linked ANZ Visa Debit card
ANZ is the first out of the big four banks in Australia to launch Apple Pay. Apple Pay lets you purchase items with one natural motion. All you need to do is hold your iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 or iPhone SE to the contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
How to link Apple Pay with your ANZ Visa Debit card
Go to Wallet > Click on the + symbol on the top right hand corner > Use your iPhone to scan the card (you can also manually put in the details) > Enter your card security code > Verify you card via SMS
Photo source: Apple.com
$0 Monthly account service fee
As long as you deposit a minimum of $2,000 into the account by the last day of the month, the monthly fee is waived. If you miss the minimum deposit one month, you will be charged $5. This is a month by month feature, so if you miss the deposit cut off in January you can still qualify for no account fees in February.
Access to your account 24/7
You have 24/7 access to your account using an ANZ issued Visa debit card. You can use your Visa debit card online, over the phone and overseas. You can use ANZ Internet Banking, the ANZ App or ANZ phone banking.
Mobile app available
You can access your account on the go with the ANZ App. Plus, use the ANZ Mobile Pay feature to tap and pay in-store with your eligible Android phone. To use this feature, download and install the ANZ App and add your ANZ Visa Debit card and register your details. You'll then be able to choose from three payment options. Please note, ANZ Mobile Pay only available for eligible Android phones and is not available on iPhone.
$0 withdrawal fees at ANZ ATMs
You can take advantage of free, unlimited transactions with your debit card by using it at ANZ ATMs and EFTPOS.
$5 withdrawal fees for overseas ATMs
Be aware that a $5 fee applies for each transaction at an overseas non-ANZ ATM. You will also be charged 3% of the transaction value on top of this fee, and the ATM provider may also charge their own transaction fee.
International transaction fee
For any transactions made overseas, e.g.: EFTPOS transactions, you be will charged 3% of the transaction value.
$0 transaction fees
Free unlimited transactions are also provided when you access ANZ internet and phone banking.
Link to an ANZ savings account and earn interest
You can link your ANZ Access Advantage account with the ANZ Online Saver, ANZ Progress Saver or ANZ Term Deposits savings accounts.
Tiered interest rates to help you boost your savings
The higher your balance, the higher your interest rate.
Added security with ANZ Falcon
Enjoy added security provided by the ANZ Falcon fraud monitor to watch over all of your Access Visa debit card transactions. Whether you’re shopping overseas or online, all transactions are automatically monitored. Any unusual or suspicious activity will be surveilled.
You can add an overdraft up to $500 or $1,000 to your account, so you can avoid dishonour fees.
Get your monthly fee waived by meeting any of the following criteria
- If you're under 25 years of age or over 60
- You're a full time student at an Australia educational institution
- You currently receive a disability support pension or mobility allowance from Centrelink
- You currently have a ANZ home loan and have your salary credited to that account
- You have a combined deposit balance of $50,000 or more with ANZ
The benefits of the ANZ Visa Debit card
- You use your own money. Eliminate the risk of getting into debt by using your own money with the Visa debit card.
- You can make contactless payments using Visa payWave. Pay for your purchases under $100 with a ‘tap’ of your Visa debit card, giving you the convenience of making purchases on the go.
- You can choose from three colours. Choose from black, pink and blue when picking out your Visa debit card.
- You're protected by Visa Zero liability. If you’ve noticed fraudulent transactions on your statements, let ANZ know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible so swift action can be taken. With Visa’s Zero Liability policy, you won’t be held responsible.
- Apple Pay available with linked ANZ Visa Debit card
- Ability to personalise graphics on your linked Visa debit card
- $0 Minimum deposit requirement
- Minimum $2,000 deposit required every month to get the $0 monthly fee
- 3% international transaction fees apply applies
- $5 Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee
How do I apply for the ANZ Access Advantage account?
If you make monthly deposits of $2,000 or more, and like the idea of a fee free everyday account with a debit card that works like cash, you can get started by clicking ‘go to site’ to be taken to the secure application page.
Eligibility to apply online
Check the following conditions first to ensure that you are eligible:
- Age. Applicants must be at least 12 years old when applying for this account.
- Residency. You must have a valid Australian residential mailing address and be an Australian resident. If you are planning on moving to Australia you can begin the account application process ahead of time through ANZ’s Moving to Australia information section.
- Account purpose. The ANZ Access Advantage everyday account is only for personal use, and not intended for businesses.
Documentation to apply online
If you are eligible then continue on to your application for the ANZ Access Advantage account, which can be completed entirely online. It should take no more than ten minutes to finish filling out so long as you have the following information readily available:
- Identification. You will be asked to confirm your identity using a primary identification document such as an Australian driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate or Medicare card. If you are a minor you can use your birth certificate along with another document such as a school issued ID card or Medicare card.
- ANZ customer registration number. If you are an existing ANZ customer you will be asked to provide the number that you use for ANZ internet and telephone banking.
- Citizens of the United States. If you are an Australian resident, yet a citizen of the United States, you will have to disclose this information at the time of application.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once you submit the application it may take up to two business days for your account to be set up while ANZ verifies your identity electronically. At that point you can begin making your monthly deposits in order to reach the $2,000 minimum needed to take advantage of the no monthly fee.