The AMP Access account is a simple-to-use everyday banking solution that makes it easy to access your money. With an AMP Visa debit card linked to the account you can make withdrawals and purchases without additional fees. There are no minimum balances required to maintain the account and you can take advantage of linking this one to any of your savings accounts.
You'll have access to over 3,400 ATMs to withdraw from.
What are the features of the AMP Access Account?
Having features that suit your spending style can save you both time and money with the transaction account that you choose. Take a look at what AMP’s Access Account offers and compare those features to what you find at other banks.
$0 Account-keeping fees
AMP charges no monthly maintenance fees for the account.
$0 AMP transaction fees
You have unlimited fee free ATM, online, mobile and phone access to your account.
$0 Minimum balance
There is no minimum balance requirement.
Linked Visa debit card
Your account is linked to an AMP Visa debit card which can be used to make point of sale, online, and over the phone purchases as well as cash withdrawals. These transactions are deducted straight out of your account, rather than appearing as a credit card purchase.
Link to your savings account
You are able to link other accounts, such as savings and investments, with other banks to this one to easily manage your transfers.
Free access to the rediATM network
With your Visa debit card you can make withdrawals at any of the over 3,400 rediATMs in Australia. If you use an ATM outside of that network other provider fees may be deducted from your account.
Visa payWave available on your debit card
Make contactless purchases of under $100 with point of sale purchases that accept Visa payWave. This feature allows you to pay your receipt without swiping your card or having to leave your signature.
Available for both personal and business use
This account is available for personal use or for sole traders, companies and trusts and other organisations. You can compare other AMP products here.
Joint account available
You are permitted to open this account as a joint account.
- $0 minimum opening balance
- Use of internet and phone banking is allowed
- Linked Visa Debit card
- AMP is an online-only bank
How do I apply for the AMP Access Account?
With AMP, you can apply for their transaction account online by choosing the application form that best suits your circumstance.Click “Go to Site” to begin.
Eligibility to apply online
Make sure that you are able to meet their eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. In order to qualify you must be 18 years of age or older.
- Residency requirements. Only residents of Australia are able to apply, and they must be available to be identified as in Australia at the time that the account is opened.
- Depository requirements. AMP lists no minimum deposit requirement necessary in order to open your new transaction account.
It should take approximately ten minutes to complete the online application.
Documentation for your online application
AMP will also ask for certain documentation as you complete your application that will include your:
- Tax identification number. Your tax file number (TFN) or exemption code is not mandatory, but if you don’t provide it, AMP is obligated by Australian law to deduct any tax on interest earnings at the highest marginal rate.
- Identification. A driver’s licence or passport can be used to help verify your identity.
- Bank account details. If you are already an existing AMP customer you will need to provide your account number. For those wishing to link an outside account to this one, you will need to provide the BSB, account number and account name.
If you do not wish to have your identity verified online, AMP will send you the necessary forms to do so in person within three business days.
What happens after I submit my application?
Once your identity has been verified, your new account will be activated within two business days.