Compare policies from 1Cover, Cover-More and InsureandGo and see how they stack-up.
InsureandGo, Cover-More and 1Cover provide travellers with travel insurance options for all domestic, international and cruise travels. How do the policies they provide compare?
Before you purchase travel insurance, you should understand the features and benefits offered by each insurance brand. The benefits offered will vary, and you need to be sure you're covered for everything you need, and also that you're not paying for options you won't use.
How do these providers stack up side-by-side? Here’s a look at the comprehensive policy benefits for each provider.
|Cancellation Fees & Lost Deposits||Unlimited||Cover Chosen||Unlimited|
|Disruption of Journey||Unlimited||Unlimited||$1,000|
|Hospital Cash Allowance||$2,500||$3,500||$5,000|
|Loss of Income||$10,400||$6,000||$10,400|
|Lost or Stolen Money||$500||$100||$250|
|Luggage & Personal Effects||$8,000||$6,000||$15,000|
|Luggage & Personal Effects Delay Expenses||$750||$750||$250|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Dental||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Rental Vehicle Excess||$4,000||$3,000||$5,000|
|Resumption of Journey||$3,000||$3,000||$3,000|
|Travellers Cheques & Travel Documents||$5,000||$6,000||$5,000|
|Find out more||InsureandGo Gold||Cover-More Premium||1Cover Comprehensive|
Who covers what?
To be forewarned is to be forearmed. While the monetary benefits of travel insurance are often the determining factor when choosing a policy, learning about what is covered is essential to making sure a policy suits your needs. If you're going on a cruise, for instance, you need to make sure that's covered.
|Are dependent covered at no extra cost?||✓||18 years and under||✓||21 years and under||✓||Children 21 years and under|
|Are ski-related losses covered?||✓||✓||✓|
|How long can single trips be on an annual policy?||✓✓||60 days (65 & under)31 days (66 & older||✓||18 months||✓||90 days|
|Is cruise travel covered?||✓||✓||✓|
|Is there a group travel option available?||✓||Maximum 10 persons||✕||✓||Maximum 25 persons|
|Is there an excess eliminator?||✓||✓||✓|
|What is the cooling-off period?||✓||14 Days||✓||15 Days||✓||14 Days|
|What is the maximum age of people covered?||✓✓||100 years & underSurcharge applied for individuals 50 & over||✓✓||84 years and underLimits may apply to travellers 70 and under||✓✓||Single last birthday, no limit.Annual last birthday, 59|
1Cover, Cover-More and InsureandGo make it easy for you to purchase insurance from the comfort of your homes, over the phone or online.
How to Buy Cover?
|How to Purchase||1Cover||InsureandGo||Cover-More|
|Over the phone||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Looking for specific cover?
- Which policy offers cover for travel companions? All three insurance providers offer emergency assistance for you and your travel companions.
- Which policy offers cover to older dependents children? All three cover dependents at no extra cost. However, InsureandGo require your children to be under the age of 18. 1Cover and Cover-More will cover your kids until they are 21.
- Which policy has the longest cooling-off period? 1Cover and InsureandGo allow you to cancel your policy 14 days after purchase. Cover-More allow you to cancel your policy up to 15 working days after you purchase the policy.
- Which policy covers credit card fraud? All three policies cover credit card theft. 1Cover also offers a credit card fraud and replacement benefit of up to $5,000.
- Which policy has the highest age limit? InsureandGo offers cover to travellers up to 100 years of age.
- Which policy offers the longest single trip cover? Only InsureandGo offers a backpackers policy that covers you for up to 540 days of travel.
- Which policy can be bought in person? You can buy your travel insurance from the 1Cover head office in Sydney.
Want to compare the costs?
Now you’ve compared the policy features, compare the costs by entering your travel details into the travel form below.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
A Cover-More insurance policy provides customers with emergency assistance anywhere in the world. For 24-hour assistance, you should call the toll-free number emergency assistance number (02 8907 5619). Assistance provided by Cover-More includes access to medical treatment, bill payment and your safe return home. You have the option of making a claim online or by downloading the form from the company's website. Make sure you provide all receipts and supporting documents to make your claim.
Mapfre Asistencia is the emergency assistance provider for InsureandGo, and offers 24-hour medical assistance. InsureandGo emergency assistance will also assist with lost of luggage, travel documents and lost credit cards. To contact the emergency team, call 02 9333 3999 from anywhere in the world. A claim has to be made within 30 days after your return home. To make a claim, download the form online or request one via email at email@example.com or call 02 9333 3901. All invoices, receipts and other related documents must be provided.