Receive up to $1.5 million in life cover with Zurich Ezicover and keep your family's future secure
With the Ezicover Life Insurance policy from Zurich, you can receive up to $1.5 million (depending on your age) in the event of death or terminal illness. The policy offers a range of additional features including a $15,000 cash advance benefit while your claim is being settled and worldwide cover 24/7.
|Get your first month of cover for free with Zurich Ezicover||Get your first month of cover free when you buy Zurich EziCover.||
After a quote for Zurich Ezicover? Apply securely online
What does Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance include?
- Up to $1.5 million cover. Depending on your age, you can apply for up to $1.5 million cover under your Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance policy. This amount is offered as a lump sum benefit when you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness, and can be used by your beneficiaries to lessen the financial impact of your death and maintain their current lifestyle.
- $15,000 Cash Advance Benefit. Upon your death, Zurich will advance a payment of $15,000 while a death claim is being assessed. Your loved ones can use this benefit to cover your funeral costs and any other immediate expenses.
- Inflation Protection Benefit. Your Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance policy is protected against inflation by an automatic increase to the Death Benefit amount each year. The benefit increases by 5 per cent or the Consumer Price Index at each policy anniversary, whichever is greater, and this change is also reflected in higher premiums. You may decline any increase.
- 10% multi-life discount. You can receive a 10% discount off the cost of the second policy’s premium when two applications are submitted at the same time and both people are accepted for cover.
- Worldwide cover. Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance provides cover worldwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Additional options to consider
- Future Insurability Benefit. You can increase your Death Benefit by up to $100,000 each year until the policy anniversary following your 54th birthday without having your personal circumstances reassessed by the insurer. You can apply for this increase if you get married, get divorced, have a child, become a full-time carer, or become a widow or widower, and you don’t have to supply any additional health or lifestyle information to the insurer.
Conditions for benefit payment
A Death Benefit or Terminal Illness Benefit under your Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance policy will be paid upon your death or when you are diagnosed as terminally ill and given less than 12 months to live.
While a claim for a Death Benefit is being settled, Zurich will pay the Cash Advance Benefit of $15,000 to help your loved ones cope with the cost of your funeral and other expenses. The Cash Advance Benefit is paid once the insurer has received a death certificate or other proof of death which shows the cause of death.
To take advantage of the Future Insurability Benefit, which allows you to increase your level of cover following specific life events, you will need to apply for an increase within 30 days of the policy anniversary following any specified life event.
Who can apply?
In order to qualify for a Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance policy you will need to be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Residing in Australia on a permanent basis;
- Aged between 19 and 69 years; and
- Receive your PDS and apply within Australia
Your age will also have an effect on the maximum sum insured you can apply for, as outlined below:
- If you’re aged 19 to 45, the maximum cover available is $1.5 million
- If you’re aged 46 to 54, the maximum cover available is $1 million
- If you’re aged 55 to 59, the maximum cover available is $750,000
- If you’re aged 60 to 69, the maximum cover available is $500,000
When will I not be paid?
Your Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance claim will not be paid if your death is as a result of suicide within the first 13 months of:
- Cover commencing;
- Cover being reinstated; or
- Your level of cover being increased
It should also be noted that no benefit will be paid for a claim resulting from a condition specifically excluded from your policy. Such exclusions may be added to your policy based on the answers you give to health and lifestyle questions during the application process. Any exclusions that apply will be shown in your policy schedule.
Other things worth knowing
- Underwritten by Zurich. Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance is issued and administered by Zurich Australia Limited.
- Lump sum. The purpose of this life insurance policy is to pay a lump sum to your beneficiaries when you die, not to act as a savings plan. If you terminate your policy at any time other than during the cooling-off period you will not receive any money back.
- Premium payments. If you fail to pay your premiums when they are due, the policy will lapse and you will not be able to make a claim. Zurich can cancel your policy if a premium remains unpaid for 30 days after it was due. However, if you pay your premiums your policy is guaranteed renewable and cannot be cancelled by the insurer.
- Premium cost. Your Zurich Ezicover Life Insurance premium amount is influenced by the level of cover you choose as well as your age, gender, smoking status, health and pastimes.
- First month free. The first month of cover under a Zurich Ezicover policy is offered free. No premiums are payable during the first month of your policy.
- Cooling-off period. If you change your mind about cover and wish to cancel your policy, you have 30 days after receiving your policy to do so. This will entitle you to a full refund of premiums.
- Cover ends. Cover ceases under your policy when the first of the following occurs:
- The Terminal Illness Benefit is paid
- You fail to pay a premium within 30 days of its due date
- You provide written notification that you would like to terminate the policy
- The policy anniversary following your 99th birthday
- Your death