Woolworths Mobile contract mobile phone plans
Woolworths Mobile offers a range of handsets on 24- or 36-month contract terms with bonus rewards.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
What services does Woolworths Mobile offer?
Woolworths Mobile provides its telecommunications services on parts of Telstra’s 4G networks. This means that it offers slightly less coverage and slightly slower speeds than the "full" Telstra network, although you typically have to travel to remote regions of the country to notice the difference.
Android phones are the bread and butter of Woolworths Mobile's contract offerings. You can choose from a range of popular handsets to pay off on either a 24-month or 36-month contract. The plans themselves are the same as Woolworths Mobile's SIM-only offerings and technically operate on a month-to-month basis. The catch there is that if you cancel your plan, you'll have to pay out any remaining handset fees all in one go.
How much do Woolworths Mobile plans cost?
Woolworths Mobile spans the divide between affordable MVNO and premium network by offering a range of phone plans with accommodating price points and generous data amounts. There are four different plans to choose from when selecting your Woolworths Mobile plan, with all plans including unlimited standard national calls and text messages:
- Woolworths Mobile Phone Plan XS Plan, which includes 3GB of data each month for $25/month
- Woolworths Mobile Phone Plan S Plan, which includes 18GB of data each month for $30/month
- Woolworths Mobile Phone Plan M Plan, which includes 22GB of data each month for $40/month
- Woolworths Mobile Phone Plan L Plan, which includes 35GB of data each month for $50/month
In addition to the base plan, Woolworths Mobile customers can choose from a number of Samsung or Oppo smartphones. Woolworths caters to all budgets here, offering both premium devices like the Samsung Note 10 and entry-level phones like the Oppo AX5s.
In order to help customers keep costs down, Woolworths Mobile offers smartphone repayments over both 24- and 36-month contract periods. There's also no lock-in contract with Woolworths Mobile Flexi plans, so if you decide you want to leave the network, you simply pay off the remaining phone repayments.
- Range of phones at all price points. Don’t want to spend a fortune? The lower-end Samsung phones and most of the Oppo range only add a few dollars to the monthly plan cost.
- 4G connectivity. One of the biggest drawbacks with Telstra-based MVNOs used to be the slow and limited 3G-only coverage. That’s no longer an issue for Woolworths Mobile customers, because while you don’t get the whole Telstra 4G network, you get enough of it for most purposes.
- Not a good fit for really remote users. The "parts" of Telstra’s 3G/4G network that Woolworths Mobile has access to might not suit if you’re notably remote.
More guides on Finder
Earnd is a pay on demand service that lets you access a portion of your paycheque before payday without paying any fees or interest.
PayActiv Earned Wage Access
Learn more about how PayActiv's Earned Wage Access service can help you access up to $500 of your paycheque for a $5 fee charged fortnightly (only if you access your wage before payday).
HDMI 2.1 explained: TV and gaming with PS5 and Xbox Series X
Here's everything you need to know about HDMI 2.1
How to start an alterations business
What you need to know before launching an alterations business.
How to start a rubbish removal business
From your business structure to pricing, here's what you need to know about starting a rubbish removal business.
How to start an entertainment business
Here's everything you need to know to set up and grow your entertainment business.
How to start an accounting business
Find out what you need to know before starting an accounting business.
Vivo Y20s review
The Vivo Y20s is a decent value budget phone, but once you get past the design, there's not that much to get excited about.
How to start a fridge repair business
What you need to know about starting a fridge repair business in Australia.
Best Portable SSDs in Australia
Need a portable SSD for your laptop or console? Our experts have handpicked the nine best models in Australia for 2020.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Get no excess data charges on these unlimited data mobile plans.
Avoid bill shock and control your spending with the best-value offers.
Ask an Expert