Term deposit calculator
Use our term deposit calculator to see how much interest you can earn. Plus, compare current rates for term deposits.
Term deposit calculator
Fill in the relevant fields with the correct information and within seconds you will have the details you need to help you decide which term deposit to choose:
- Deposit amount. This is the amount of money you plan to invest into the term deposit account.
- Term length. Enter the number of months you will be investing for (you can change this to see how it impacts the total interest earned).
- Interest rate. Enter the fixed interest rate for the term deposit you are planning to go with (you can compare term deposits in the table above). Pay attention to the details, as in most cases that amount will be different depending on a number of factors including; the length of terms, how much you invest, and how often you are receiving interest payments.
How can the term deposit calculator help me?
There are a few ways the term deposit calculator can help you make a better decision with your money.
- See your exact return on investment. Because term deposit rates are fixed, you'll be able to see the exact dollar amount of interest you'll earn. This can help you plan and make long-term goals.
- Choose the right term length. By changing the term length in the calculator, you can easily see how the total interest earned changes.
- See how much the rate impacts your investment. If you're investing a large amount of money, the calculator can show you how much extra interest you can earn with a slightly higher rate.
Current term deposit rates
Terms between 3 months and 5 years
$1000 minimum deposit
0.10% p.a. loyalty bonus when you roll over your term deposit
$0 Account keeping fee
Interest paid on maturity
Up to $5,000,000 can be invested
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Challenger Term Deposit
Earn a competitive interest rate on terms between 1 month and 2 years with a Challenger term deposit.
ANZ Business Notice Term Deposit
This account offers fixed interest rates for terms ranging from one month to five years, so you can enjoy secure, guaranteed returns on your business funds.
MOVE Bank Term Deposit
With competitive interest rates and terms ranging from 3 to 24 months, a MOVE Bank Term Deposit can help you reach your financial goals.
BankVic Term Deposit
Passively watch as your money grows in a high interest earning term deposit from BankVic
P&N Term Deposit
A variety of terms to choose from along with interest payment options make the P&N Bank Term Deposits worth a closer look.
ING SMSF Term Deposit
Take control of your super with a flexible account that allows you to manage all of your needs in one convenient place.
Teachers Mutual Bank Term Deposit
Give your money the benefit of a high interest savings account boost with a flexible term deposit that allows you to structure the terms to meet your needs.
Rural Bank Term Deposit
You can grow your savings quickly and easily by locking them into a term deposit from Rural Bank.
IMB Term Deposit
With its relatively low opening balance, IMB’s term deposit could make it easy for Australians to begin making a positive investment towards their financial future.
Bendigo Bank term deposit (under $5000)
Bendigo Bank term deposits can give you easy means to save for a short or long term goal. Though, you can find other similar offerings out there, so compare a few before deciding.
Ask an Expert