Invest your super with Russell Investments and grow your retirement nest egg.
Russell Investments has been helping Australians save for their future since the 1980s.
It manages a number of investment funds for personal and corporate investors. Russell Investments have almost $350 billion in assets under management.
It has been ranked one of Australia’s top superannuation funds for cost and performance by independent super rating agencies.
Find out about their superannuation funds and retirement products below.
What awards has Russell Investments won?
- Chant West - 5 Apples - Russell iQ Super - 2016
- Chant West - 4 Apples - Russell SuperSolution - 2016
- Chant West - 5 Apples - Russell iQ Retirement - Awarded every year since the fund was established.
A closer look at Russell Investments
Russell Investments is a global company. They have more than 1,800 associates in 21 offices around the world. Russell Investments are ranked as the number one consultant in the US based on assets under management. Russell offer a number of products you can use to plan for retirement and be comfortable once you stop working.
What’s Internet banking like with Russell Investments?
You can manage your superannuation investment online. You’ll need your access number and PIN to log in to Russell Investments online customer portal. You can view and update your insurance details, investment options and contact information from any Internet connected device.Back to top
What super funds are offered by Russell Investments?
Russell Investments offer two super funds: Russell SuperSolution and Russell iQ Super. You’re eligibility for either fund is based on how you join. You can apply for Russell iQ Super if you’re joining the fund independent of your employer. The opposite is true for Russell’s SuperSolutions fund.
- Russell SuperSolution - Employer Division
Russell SuperSolution is a government authorised MySuper product. MySuper provides you with a low fee, single diversified investment option and a basic level of insurance.
- Investment options. The Balanced Opportunities Investment is Russell Investment’s default investment option. The Balanced Opportunities portfolio has an aim to beat the CPI by at least 4% over five and 10 years. Investment are spread between 70% growth and 30% defensive assets.
- Up to 15 different ways to invest your money. If you’re a hands on investor, you can choose to invest in up to 12 from 15 different assets. You can switch your investment mix for free up to five times a year.
- Blended Balanced
- High Growth
- Balanced Opportunities
- Australian shares / Australian Opportunities / Responsible Australian Shares
- International shares / $A Hedged Shares / Global Opportunities Portfolio
- Contributions. As well as employer super guarantee contributions, you can make all of the four main types of super contribution to the SuperSolution super fund from Russell Investments.
- Insurance. Russell give you automatic Death and Total and Permanent Disablement cover when you become a SuperSolution member. You can apply to add income protection insurance to your cover for an additional premium.
- Fees. Read the product disclosure statement for a full list of fees and charges. Some of the main fees you’re likely to pay include: the administration fee of 0.55% per annum (p.a.) plus $82.45 p.a. and an investment fee of 0.46% p.a. of your account balance.
- Russell iQ Super
- Investments. Choose to invest in up to 12 different diversified and single asset class investments (Australian and international). You can change your investment mix up to five times a year for free. See the investment information for the Russell SuperSolution fund above to find out which assets you can invest in through the iQ Super policy.
- Insurance. Automatic Death and TPD cover is not included in the Russell iQ Super policy. You can apply to add cover for an additional premium. Cover can be granted to members between the age of 15 and 69 years. You can also apply to add income protection cover to this policy as well as accelerated protection insurance.
- Fees. Read the product disclosure statement for a full list of fees and charges. Main fees you’re likely to pay include an investment fee of 0.30% p.a. plus $82.45 p.a. and an investment fee, which varies according to your investment mix.
What pension accounts are offered by Russell Investments?
- Russell iQ Retirement
Russell iQ Retirement is a pension account which pays you a regular income in retirement. This account is also an investment account. You can invest your super funds in a retirement account so you can continue to grow your retirement savings even after you stop work.
- Eligibility. You can open a Russell Investments iQ Retirement account if you’re reached your preservation age, you have access to non-preserved superannuation funds or you’re retired permanently. Temporary residents can also open this account; however, eligibility requirements are different, for example, temporary residents also need a retirement visa.
- Investment options. You can mix and match your investments from 15 different investment options including diversified portfolios and single Australian and international asset classes. See Russell Investments SuperSolution investment options (above) to find out which portfolios and assets you can invest in.
- Pension payments. Choose to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual pension payments. Government guidelines dictate the minimum amount you must receive as a super pension. Maximum pension payments also apply for members under the age of 65.
- Minimum investment. You can open an iQ Retirement pension account by making a deposit of $50,000 or more. The minimum account balance is $5,000.
- Fees. Investment fees can range from 0.40% p.a. to 1.41% p.a. depending on your choice of investment.
- Contribution account. When you open a iQ Retirement account you’re also provided with a contribution account. Employer contributions, voluntary contributions and rollover contributions from other super funds can be deposited in this account.
Information about the application process
You’re automatically enrolled in Russell Investment’s SuperSolution fund if your employer uses Russell Solutions as their default super fund. If you join outside of work, you’ll need to complete an application form which can be found on Russell Investment’s website.
Am I eligible for a Russell Investments pension?
You can apply for a Russell Investments iQ Retirement account if you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- You have reached your preservation age.
- You have access to at least $50,000 of non-preserved super savings.
Temporary residents can also apply this account if they suffer from a terminal medical condition, incapacitated, hold a retirement visa or an investor retirement visa.
Russell Investments make it easy to roll over your existing super balance to one of their accounts, just complete a super rollover request form when you apply to join one of their funds. If you have a question about this superannuation and pension account provider, get in touch with us using the form at the bottom of this page.
We can’t provide financial or personal advice, but we can help you compare products to find the superannuation fund that best suits you.