BUSSQ: Industry super funds for building, construction and civil industries
You want a super balance you can put your feet up on in retirement: Compare BUSSQ super and pension products.
BUSSQ is an industry superfund for workers in the Queensland building, construction and associated industries.
Industry super funds are not-for-profit and benefit members by charging lower fees. BUSSQ doesn’t pay commissions to brokers either. BUSSQ are recognised for providing products that can offer industry leading performance.
Find out why BUSSQ MySuper, Premium Choices and Pension Choice funds are the superannuation products of choice of almost 100,000 Australians.
What awards has BUSSQ earned?
BUSSQ has been recognised for providing value for money and consistent returns.
- SuperRatings Platinum Rating 2015 - MySuper, Premium Choice and Pension Choice funds have been awarded platinum status for value for money by SuperRatings.
- SuperRatings 7 year Platinum Performance rating. Premium Choice and Pensioner Choice products have a platinum rating for delivering industry leading performance from 2008 - 2015.
A closer look at BUSSQ
BUSSQ is an industry superfund. The fund was established in 1985. You can join if you’re clerical or administration staff, an on or off-site worker, apprentice, professional or director in Queensland building or construction and associated industries. BUSSQ have three superannuation products: MySuper, Premium Choice and Pension Choice. BUSSQ also provide retirement services as a suite of insurance products including life cover.
What is internet banking like for BUSSQ?
BUSSQ MemberAccess makes it easy to manage and administer your pension account online. Manage your investment mix, update important details and review your balances and payments from your home 7 days a week.Back to top
What super funds are offered by BUSSQ?
BUSSQ offer three different funds: MySuper, Premium Choices and Pension Choice.
- MySuper is for members who don’t want to choose their investments. Funds are invested in BUSSQ’s Balanced Growth Investment Option. This gives investors access to a mix of growth and defensive assets. Australian, international shares, property, infrastructure and fixed interest assets are the top five target investments for the Balanced Growth Option. Members get Death (including Terminal Illness cover) and Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover.
- Premium Choice. For a weekly administration fee, BUSSQ members can choose their fund’s investment mix from three pre-mixed options and eight asset classes. For example, Australian shares: high growth or International shares: balanced growth. Premium Choices members also benefit from income protection as well as the basic insurance package.
What pension accounts are offered by BUSSQ?
BUSSQ has two pension products: a transition to retirement and a retirement pension account. A transition to retirement account is designed for people who have reached the preservation age but are still working.
- Transition to Retirement. Pays you an income from your superannuation while you work. Apply if you’re older than 55. Salary sacrifice to get the greatest benefit from a transition to retirement account.
- Retirement Pension. BUSSQ pay a pension once you reach the preservation age. Choose between 11 different investment options and different strategies or invest in BUSSQ’s Blended Growth Strategy.
BUSSQ don’t charge any account opening fees or ongoing fees on their Transition to Retirement and Retirement Pension accounts.Back to top
How do I apply for a BUSSQ super product?
You can open one of these accounts when you apply to become a member of BUSSQ. Application for membership can be completed online and takes about 15 minutes to finish.
Provide your personal details, tax file number, contribution details, choose your investment mix and nominate your beneficiaries to complete the registration.
Am I eligible for a BUSSQ pension?
The following eligibility requirements apply for the MySuper, Premium Choice and Pension products.
- You must be a BUSSQ member
- Your employer is making ‘on time’ contribution on your behalf
- Aged between 15 - 64 for TPD and 15 - 65 for TTD cover & aged between 15 - 65 for death cover
- Be a permanent Australian resident
Become a BUSSQ member and roll over your all of your existing superannuation accounts to one of these BUSSQ funds. BUSSQ have financial planners to help you decide which pension product is right for you. We can also answer any questions about this provider, but we can’t give any financial advice.
Read more on this topic
Future Super | Performance, features and fees Future Super is an ethical super fund that invests in renewable energy not fossil fuels. Here’s what to know about the fund and how to join online.
Top 10 best super funds in 2019 revealed The best-performing growth super fund returned an impressive 18.4% in 2019.
Changes to superannuation salary sacrificing: What it means for you The new super salary sacrificing legislation that came into action from 1 January 2020 is good news for workers.
AustralianSuper named super fund of the year for the third time AustralianSuper has also won the best MySuper product and the best personal super product at Rainmaker's SelectingSuper Awards.
Do you have enough money to retire? Do you have enough to retire? Here's how to calculate the amount of money you'll need to fund your retirement, plus tips to help you get there.
Young Australians think they'll never be able to retire Young Australians are pessimistic about their retirement, but they have one big advantage over older generations.
New fund FairVine Super wants to tackle the superannuation gap The fund charges no fees while members are on parental leave, and offers easy contribution splitting between partners.
The disturbing reason Australians don't care about their super One of the biggest challenges for the industry is getting people interested in their super, but what if they don't think it will exist in 50 years?
You can now help protect the Amazon through your superannuation In a week of global climate strikes, Australian Ethical has pledged to protect five acres of the Amazon rainforest for every new superannuation member.
Stockspot reveals best and worst super funds in Australia ANZ and AMP named as worst super fund providers in Australia for their high fees and poor returns.
Ask an Expert