Spaceship Super | Performance, features and fees
Spaceship Super offers two high growth investment portfolios that both have a strong focus on Australian and international shares.
Spaceship Super performance and fees
You'll automatically be invested in the GrowthX option when you join Spaceship, however you're able to switch investment options at any time.
What are the key features of Spaceship Super?
Spaceship offers the following features and benefits to its members:
- Two investment choices. Spaceship offers two different investment options, both with a heavy investment allocation towards shares.
- A focus on technology. Spaceship's tagline is "invest where the world is going, not where it's been". This reflects the fund's preference for investing in technology stocks rather than in other asset classes.
- Long-term investment strategy. Spaceship's investment options, GrowthX and Global Index, are both high risk due to their heavy investment in shares. They're designed to suit the needs of members with a long-term investment timeframe of ten years or more.
- Online application and rollover. You can sign up for a Spaceship account online and easily roll over your existing super balance into your new account.
- Designed for 20 to 40-year-olds. While you're able to join Spaceship at any age, Spaceship is targeted at Australians in the 20–40 years demographic and all investment decisions are designed to suit the financial objectives of people in this age range.
- App-based fund. Spaceship offers a modern app where you can keep up to date with your super, easily make contributions and track performance.
More details on Spaceship Super investment options
Spaceship offers two investment options to help you build towards your financial goals for retirement. Check out the tables below for a full run-down of the features of Spaceship's GrowthX and Global Index investment options.
|Investment option||Risk level||Asset allocation|
This option may suit investors who are willing to accept a higher level of risk to achieve increased returns over the longer term, with some volatility in the short term. This investment option has a strong focus shares, particularly technology companies in Australia and globally.
|High risk (level 6)|
|Global Index |
This option may also suit investors who are willing to accept a higher level of risk, more exposure to international stocks and want to invest in an index. This investment option invests more heavily in international shares compared to the GrowthX option, and has around 80% of its balance invested in global shares. It's an index investment option so it's passively managed and has lower fees.
|High risk (level 6)|
What insurance is offered with Spaceship Super?
Spaceship does not offer any insurance to members. Make sure you're aware of the risks associated with investing your super in a fund that does not provide insurance before deciding whether Spaceship is right for you. In addition, remember to consider the insurance benefits you will lose if you roll over super from another fund into your Spaceship account.
Pros and cons of Spaceship Super
- High growth investment options with high performance returns
- Annual fees are less than others in the market
- Simple investment strategy that's easy to understand and managed on your behalf
- Only two investment options to choose between
- Spaceship is not a MySuper-authorised super product
- No insurance cover
How do I join Spaceship Super?
If you've compared a range of options and you'd like to apply for a superannuation account with Spaceship, click the green 'Go to Site' button on this page. You'll be taken to the Spaceship website where you can access the PDS and also complete an online application.
You'll need to provide:
- Personal details. You must supply your name, address, date of birth and contact information.
- Tax File Number (TFN). While supplying your TFN is not compulsory, doing so ensures that your contributions and benefits will be taxed at the lowest possible rate.
- Previous super fund details. If transferring to Spaceship from another super fund, you'll need to provide details of your current fund.
Along with your completed application form, you'll also need to submit an authority to facilitate a payment into your new Spaceship account.
You'll be sent a Welcome Pack confirming Spaceship's receipt of your application, as well as your entitlements as a member of Spaceship. You can then start making contributions and building a bigger super balance to fund your retirement.DISCLAIMER: This article may contain general advice. You should consider your own personal circumstances before deciding if a superannuation product is right for you. Superannuation is a long term investment and past performance is not indicative of future performance.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert