AMP Super: SignatureSuper Investment options
AMP SignatureSuper offers a large range of investment options open to new and existing AMP Super members.
AMP Super performance and fees
When joining the fund you'll be placed in the AMP MySuper Lifestage option for your age group. You can switch to another investment option at any time.
Key features of AMP Super
- Default insurance options. Eligible members will get default insurance cover when joining the fund with no medical exams.
- MySuper product. The AMP MySuper Lifestage investment option is the default investment option for all members when joining the fund, unless you choose otherwise. It invests your super in line with your age.
- Pre-mixed investment options. Members can choose between a range of different pre-mixed investment options that each have a different risk level and asset allocation.
AMP Super pre-mixed investment options
Members can choose between different diversified investment options depending on the level of risk you want to take on. If you don't make an investment choice, you'll be placed in the MySuper Lifestage option, which is the default MySuper investment product designed to suit most members.
|Investment option||Risk level|
The Conservative options have the lowest level of investment risk and invest largely in fixed interest and cash. They're designed for members looking to protect their balance, with some growth over the medium term.
You can choose between:
|Low to Medium|
|Moderately Conservative |
These options have a more even balance between growth and defensive assets compared to the Conservative option. It's designed for members who aren't comfortable taking on too much risk and who wish to avoid market fluctuations in the short term, while still gaining some level of capital growth.
These options have more allocation to growth assets, with about two thirds of your balance invested in growth assets. These options sit in the middle, and are designed to suit most members. There's an ethical option in this group, too.
|AMP MySuper Lifestages investment option |
This is the default investment option, and it's where you'll be invested if you don't make an investment preference. It includes a variety of different managed options depending on your age. You'll be invested in more growth assets when you're young and this will gradually decrease as you get closer to retirement.
|Medium to High|
|Moderately Aggressive |
These options provide more allocation to growth assets than the previous options, and may suit members looking for more exposure to shares. It's designed for members with a longer investment timeframe of at least 10 years, or members with a higher risk tolerance.
The Aggressive option invests almost entirely in growth assets, with a much larger allocation to shares. It's the most high-risk investment option available, and aims to achieve higher returns over the long term. It's designed for members seeking higher long-term growth.
Sector investment options
If you want more control over super, you can put together your own investment mix using one or more of the following individual sector options.
- Australian Shares
- Global Shares
- Property and Infrastructure
- Australian Fixed Interest
- Global Fixed Interest
- Diversified Fixed Interest
- Cash and Term Deposits
AMP Super default insurance cover
Eligible members will receive the following default insurance cover when joining:
- Death: This cover provides a lump sum payment to your nominated beneficiaries in the event of your death.
- Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD): This cover provides a lump sum payment to you in the event that you become permanently disabled.
- Income Protection: This cover is paid out in the even you can't work and lose your income.
You'll get a default, basic level of cover for the above insurances, however you can apply to increase your level of cover at any time if you think it's the right choice for you. You can also opt out of all insurance cover all together.
How to join AMP Super
You can join online by completing the application form on AMP's website. The application form should take you around 10-20 minutes to complete, and you'll need to provide the following bits of information:
- Your full name, date of birth and contact information
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option (if you want to invest in something other than the Balanced option) and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your super
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email. You can then give these to your employer so they can start paying your superannuation guarantee payments into your new fund.
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Ask an Expert