LUCRF Super offers strong investment returns to help its members plan for a secure financial future.
With more than 174,000 members and $4.8 billion in funds, LUCRF Super aims to look after the superannuation and investment needs of its customers. An industry super fund, LUCRF is run to benefit its members, not to benefit shareholders.
Australia’s first industry super fund, LUCRF Super boasts award-winning products and a history of strong investment returns.
It offers 10 different investment options including a MySuper Balanced option, as well as three pension options and a choice of insurance cover. The fund was founded in 1978.
- SuperRatings Platinum Award - Super 2015. This award is only given to the super funds that represent the best value for money.
- SuperRatings Platinum Award - Pension 2015. This award recognises LUCRF Super’s value-for-money pension options.
- SuperRatings 7-Year Platinum Performance Award - 2008-2015. The Platinum Performance award recognises LUCRF’s solid investment returns and value for money over an extended period.
The philosophy of LUCRF Super
LUCRF Super’s stated aim is to offer competitive returns and top-class service to its members, all for a minimal price. An industry super fund, LUCRF offers a choice of 10 investment options to its customers, including both pre-mixed options and asset class options. The fund offers investment options to suit everyone from low-risk investors to those who are looking for high risk/maximum returns, while LUCRF Super also offers three pension options to help members manage financially during their retirement.
What’s internet banking like for LUCRF Super?
LUCRF Super members can enjoy secure online access to their account 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This gives you the freedom and flexibility to manage your investment options, change your account details and perform other important tasks whenever suitable.Back to top
What super funds are offered by LUCRF?
LUCRF splits its super fund options into two categories: pre-mixed options and asset class options.
Pre-mixed options include:
- MySuper Balanced. Offering a medium to high level of risk, spreads your money across a diverse range of investments. More than 75 per cent of your money is invested in shares, growth property and alternative investments, while the rest is split among cash and fixed income. It aims to achieve an investment return of 4% per year above inflation.
- Conservative. Providing a low to medium level of risk, this investment option allocates around 34% of your funds to shares, property and alternative investments. The remaining balance is invested in defensive property, cash and fixed income. It aims to achieve a return that exceeds the CPI increase by 2% p.a. over five-year periods.
- Moderate. Spread across a diversified range of investments, the Moderate investment option from LUCRF Super sees about 50 per cent of funds go to shares, growth property and alternative investments. It aims to achieve a return that exceeds the CPI increase by 3% p.a. over five-year periods.
- Targeted Return. This medium-risk option aims to provide solid returns with low volatility. It aims to achieve a return that exceeds the CPI increase by 4% p.a. over five-year periods.
- High Growth. With a high level of risk attached, this option invests in shares, property, fixed income and alternative investments. It aims to achieve a return that exceeds the CPI increase by at least 5% p.a. over ten-year periods.
Asset class options include:
- Cash. This defensive investment strategy aims to achieve a return equal to the UBS Bank Will Index.
- Indexed Shares. With a focus on growth, this option invests approximately half in Australian shares and half in international shares. It aims to produce a return that matches the change in a 50/50 combination of the S&P/ASX300 Accumulation Index and the MSCI World (ex-Australia) Accumulation Index.
- Australian Shares. This option consists of actively-managed investment in Australian shares, with an aim to achieve a return that exceeds the change in the S&P/ASX300 Accumulation Index over any three-year period.
- International Shares. With a 100 per cent investment in international shares, this high-risk option aims to achieve an investment return that exceeds the change in the MSCI World (ex-Australia) Accumulation Index over any three-year period.
- Property. This option passively invests in Australian property trusts and comes with a very high level of risk attached. It aims to achieve a return that equals the change in the S&P/ASX300 Property Trust Index over any three-year period.
What pension accounts offered by LUCRF?
- Transition to Retirement Pension. Designed for members under 65 years of age who are still working, the Transition to Retirement Pension can be used to provide extra income and also offer a tax saving. You can use the pension either to keep working full-time and boost your super balance, or to work fewer hours and top up your income.
- Retirement Pension. Designed for people aged 56 or over who are already retired. the LUCRF Retirement Pension offers regular pension payments but also gives you the flexibility to select lump sum payments. Members aged 60 and over do not have to pay any tax on their regular pension payments.
- Disability Pension. Designed for members who have suffered permanent incapacity and are unable to work again, the LUCRF Disability Pension offers a regular income stream. No tax is payable on regular pension payments for members aged 60 and over, while members under the age of 60 can enjoy a 15 per cent tax rebate.
Boost your application with these tips
Before you apply to become a member of LUCRF Super, it’s important that you read the Product Disclosure Statement and Super Member Essentials (Additional Information and Financial Services Guide). Both of these documents are available through the LUCRF Super website. If LUCRF Super sounds like the right super fund for you, fill out a Member Application Form on the fund’s website and return it to LUCRF. If LUCRF is not your employer’s default fund, you will also need to complete and return a Choice of Fund Form.