Club Plus Super: Investment options, performance and fees
Club Plus Super is a super fund for people working in licensed clubs, however anyone is welcome to join. It has 4 different investment options to choose between, including a MySuper product.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Club Plus Super performance and fees
When joining the fund you'll be placed in the Club Plus MySuper option initially which is the default option, however you can switch to another investment option at any time.
Key features of Club Plus Super
- Designed for those working in the clubs sector. Club Plus Super is an industry fund originally crated for the employees of licensed social clubs, however it is now open to everyone to join.
- Default insurance options. Eligible members will get default insurance cover when joining the fund with no medical exams.
- MySuper product available. The Club Plus MySuper investment option is the default investment option for all members when joining the fund, unless you choose otherwise.
- Pre-mixed investment options. Members can choose between a range of different pre-mixed investment options that each have a different risk level and asset allocation.
- 100,000+ members. Club Plus Super has more than 100,000 members across Australia.
Club Plus managed investment options
|Investment option||Risk level||Target asset allocation|
|Conservative Balanced |
This option has the lowest level of investment risk and invests largely in fixed interest and cash. It's designed for members looking to protect their balance, with some growth over the medium term.
|Low to Medium|
|MySuper / Balanced |
This is the default investment option designed to suit most members. It's where you'll be invested if you don't make an investment preference. It has a focus on growth over the medium to long term, with around 25% allocation to defensive assets to reduce the risk of large market fluctuations.
|Medium to High|
This option provides more allocation to growth assets than the previous options, and may suit members looking for more exposure to shares. It's designed for members with a longer investment timeframe of at least 10 years, or members with a higher risk tolerance.
This option invests almost entirely in growth assets, with more than 70% of your balance invested in Australian and international shares. It's the most high-risk investment option available, and aims to achieve higher returns over the long term. It's designed for members seeking higher long-term growth.
Sector investment options
If you want more control over super, you can put together your own investment mix using one or more of the following individual sector options.
- Australian Shares
- International Shares
Club Plus Super default insurance cover
Eligible members will receive the following default insurance cover when joining:
- Death: This cover provides a lump sum payment to your nominated beneficiaries in the event of your death.
- Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD): This cover provides a lump sum payment to you in the event that you become permanently disabled.
- Income Protection: This cover is paid out in the even you can't work and lose your income.
You'll get a default, basic level of cover for the above insurances, however you can apply to increase your level of cover at any time if you think it's the right choice for you. You can also opt out of all insurance cover all together.
How to join Club Plus Super
You can join online by completing the application form on Club Plus Super's website. The application form should take you around 10-20 minutes to complete, and you'll need to provide the following bits of information:
- Your full name, date of birth and contact information
- Your Australian residential address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your tax file number (TFN)
- Your chosen investment option (if you want to invest in something other than the Balanced option) and insurance cover
- Details of your existing super fund if you'd like to consolidate your super
Once your application has been completed successfully, you'll receive your membership details by email. You can then give these to your employer so they can start paying your superannuation guarantee payments into your new fund.
More guides on Finder
Worst Super Funds
Here’s a current list of the worst-performing super funds in Australia and steps for how to switch to a better fund.
Where to shop Euphoria star Maude Apatow’s beauty routine
Every product the Euphoria actress uses in her Vogue Beauty Secrets video, plus some affordable dupes.
Kogan Super | Performance, features and fees
Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options that each have low fees and mostly follow an indexed investment approach.
New data reveals top 10 super funds this decade
The top-performing super funds over the past decade had an average annual return of 10.2% for members. Is yours on the list?
Retirement planning in Australia
This guide explains how to devise a superannuation strategy that works for you and how to plan for further income in old age, and gives you tips for pulling it all together.
How to maximise your super at any age [SPONSORED] Get clear steps you can take to get more out of your super, without much effort upfront.
Lost track of your super? Don’t panic – it’s more common than you think [SPONSORED] Getting your money back isn’t as complicated as you might expect. Here’s how to track down your lost super and what to do next.
Superhero Super: How to invest your super with Superhero
Superhero Super offers two different investment options which both give members more control over how their super is invested. Here's how the super account works.
Worst super funds revealed: Is yours one of them?
Major retail funds including CommBank and Westpac are among the 13 worst-performing super funds named and shamed by the regulator.
10 top-performing super funds for 2021 announced
The top-performing growth super fund returned 22% for the year, while the bottom-performing fund returned 13%.
Ask an Expert