Samsung S22 plans: Bag a $1,086 free gift NOW
Upgrade to some handy new tech for free if you buy the Samsung Galaxy S22 from Telstra, Optus or Vodafone.
Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and Woolworths Mobile have brought out the big guns to celebrate the unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S22 line-up.
Pre-orders are now live and will end on 3 March, just a day before the S22 phones officially go on sale.
There are plenty up for grabs, with some general offers available across all providers (up to $337 accessory pack voucher for Samsung) and some specific to just Telstra, Optus and Vodafone.
Telstra exclusive free gifts – Disney Plus subscription and a new tablet
Telstra is coming in hot with its promotions if you sign up to its phone plan over 12, 24 or 36 months. You will get:
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 valued at $529.
- 12-month subscription to Disney Plus worth $119.99.
In total, you're looking at $1,086 worth of freebies via Telstra if you also include the value of the accessory pack, which is available across all 4 telcos.
Pairing your phone with Telstra's cheapest Upfront mobile plan ($55 for 40GB) will cost you anywhere between $89.69 per month for the entry-level S22 (128GB) and $132.04 per month for the S22 Ultra (128GB) model.
See the full details of Telstra's S22 pre-orders here.
Optus exclusive free gift – a free Galaxy Watch 4
Optus likely has the most useful bonus gift on offer:
- A Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, RRP $549.
Including the accessory pack that all providers are offering, you're looking at freebies worth $986. Plus, you'll also get the usual Optus inclusions on its mobile plans, such as Optus Sport and OS Fitness.
Optus has kept its pricing competitive with the cheapest plan starting at $79.68 a month (over 36 months) for the S22 if you combine its lowest priced mobile plan – $45 for 20GB.
The monthly cost goes up to $96.36 per month over 36 months for the S22 Ultra (128GB).
You'll find all the details about Optus's S22 pre-orders here.
Vodafone exclusive free gift – $600 bonus trade-in credit
On pure numbers, if you have an eligible phone to trade in, Vodafone is easily offering the best deal:
- If you pre-order the S22, you could be eligible for a $720 trade-in offer, plus $600 in bonus credit if you stay connected to Vodafone. That's a potential $1,320 discount. Just make sure the phone you're planning to trade in is in good working order.
If you use the full trade-in offer with the cheapest plan, you could get almost 2 months of free service on top of getting the $1,249 Galaxy S22 for free.
Vodafone's cheapest plans cost $5–$15 less per month when stacked up against Telstra and Optus's entry-level offers. Your minimum cost for the S22 (128GB) will be $74.69 a month over 36 months up to $91.36 for the S22 Ultra (128GB) for the same period.
Woolworths Mobile exclusive offer – $400 in savings
As part of Woolies' S22 promo, it's offering a price cut across Samsung's latest S22 range:
- Save between $240 and $400, depending on which S22 model you opt for.
Woolworths Mobile offers handset repayment plans over 24 or 36 months. You can pair your S22 with its cheapest mobile plan – $25 for 20GB. Your minimum cost for the S22 (128GB) could be from $55.33 a month over 36 months up to $68.88 for the S22 Ultra (128GB) over the same period.
Choose an accessory pack worth up to $337 from any provider
If you order your shiny new phone from Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, Woolworths Mobile or any other retail store selling the S22, you will get a Samsung accessory pack voucher worth up to $337.
There are 3 packs to choose from – Travel Pack, Power Pack and Audio Pack – and the inclusions in those packs change depending on which model phone you go for.
1. Travel pack:
- S22. Vent mounted wireless in-car charger worth $99
- S22+. Dual port car charger + 2x super fast wall charger worth $247
- S22 Ultra. Dual power car charger + 65W super fast wall charger + wireless in-car charger + black leather back cover worth $326
2. Power pack:
- S22. Trip wireless charger worth $159
- S22+. 65W super fast wall charger + trio wireless chargers worth $258
- S22 Ultra. 65W super fast wall charger + trio wireless chargers + black leather back cover worth $337
- S22. White Buds 2 worth $219
- S22+. White Buds 2 + Buds case worth $243
- S22 Ultra. White Buds 2 + Simpsons Donut Buds Case + Clear Buds Case worth $302
Which of the providers is offering the best S22 deal?
The best deal for you depends on which carrier has the right coverage for you, and whether you have a phone to trade in.
If you live in a good Vodafone coverage area and have an eligible phone to trade in, then the Vodafone deal is a no-brainer.
If you don't have a phone to trade in, then the Optus deal likely offers the best balance of plan value and freebies for most people. The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 is a great watch, certainly one of the best smartwatches for Android. Most people will get more use out of that than Telstra's offer of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8.
Or if you've decided free gifts aren't enough to entice you to sign onto a mobile plan, check out our unique code to get $50 off when you purchase the S22 outright.
Find the best deal on the S22, S22+ and S22 Ultra by comparing all plans available in Australia here.