Pepper Money Essential Alt Doc Home Loan
A self employed home loan which can be used for debt consolidation purposes.
You might also want to consider the PLUS version of this alt doc loan, which allows more flexibility such as cash out and interest only (for a slightly higher rate).
Shirley Liu is Finder's global program manager. She was previously the publisher for banking and investments and has also written comparisons for energy, money transfers, Uber Eats and many other topics. Shirley has a Master of Commerce and a Bachelor of Media, Journalism and Communications from the University of New South Wales. She is passionate about helping people find the best deal for their needs.
Pepper Money is a non-bank lender specialising in helping self-employed borrowers and borrowers who've had some rough patches in their credit history. While Pepper is a homegrown brand, it has expanded to be a global credit provider, with offices in Spain, South Korea, Ireland and the UK.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Pepper Money Essential Alt Doc Home Loan?
- Minimum loan size. You can borrow as little as $100,000 with this loan, and your maximum loan size will depend on your Loan to Value Ratio (LVR) - refer to the table below.
- Loan term. This loan has a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of 30 years.
- Repayments. Only principal and interest repayments are allowed with this home loan. You can also make free additional repayments on this loan to pay it off faster.
- Redraw facility. This allows you to withdraw additional repayments you've made on this home loan. A minimum manual redraw of $1,000, though online the minimum is $50.
- Your credit history. You must have a clean credit history.
- Accessibility. You can access your funds through BPAY, internet or phone banking.
- Loan to Value Ratio. There are different maximum LVRs for different loan amounts, which you can see below.
|LVR||Maximum Loan Amount|
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Establishment fee: $599 (includes one valuation). This fee covers the cost of setting up your account, send a valuer to the property for assessment and the establishment of your home loan.
- Monthly admin fee: $10. This fee is charged for the cost of maintaining your account.
- Legal fees: $440. This fee covers the cost of the legal paperwork involved with the application of your home loan.
- Discharge fee: $250. If you've paid out your loan early before the agreed loan term, sell your property or refinance, then this fee is payable.
How to apply
If you would like to apply or find out more information about this home loan, please fill out the form on the right of this page. After you've filled in the enquiry form a Private Account Manager will call you at a time that suits you.
- Your Australian Business Number (ABN) must have been registered for at least 24 months
- Your Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been registered for at least 12 months.
- You'll need to supply a declaration of financial income plus two of the following documents: Six months of business bank statements, six months Business Activity Statements (BAS) or have your accountant complete Pepper Money's accountants letter
How long does the process take?
Pepper Money advises that you control the length of the process. The sooner that you can supply all the required documentation on the checklist, the quicker you can get a response on your application. Note that a valuation is required before you're approved for a home loan.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up to $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 80% of the property's value (terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.