Compare Vaya's low-cost plans to find the best value match for your budget and save.
Vaya is the budget brand of the amaysim group, with a strong focus on delivering no-frills bargain phone plans on a SIM-only basis. That means that you're not overwhelmed with lots of optional extras of dubious value, but instead served simple plans with easy-to-understand inclusions. Vaya is also notable for its "Price Beat Guarantee" that gifts you a free month plus price matching if you find a comparable plan at a non-promotional price from a competing provider.
Like parent amaysim, all of Vaya's plans operate on the Optus 4G network and it offers a range of smartphone handsets for outright purchase, but does not pair these with any mobile plans currently on offer.
Vaya Month to month Unlimited plans
Vaya's most basic SIM-only mobile plans are its Month to month Unlimited plans, which come with unlimited standard national calls and text inclusions, plus a quantity of data relative to your monthly plan fee. Excess data is charged at the industry standard $10/GB, which means you'll incur a $10 fee as soon as you go over quota, but then have an extra 1GB of data added to your plan for the remainder of the month. Vaya also charges a $5 fee for plan changes if you wish to change tier.
In terms of base pricing, here's how Vaya's Month to month Unlimited plans stack up:
- Vaya Month to month Unlimited $16 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 1.5GB data, $16
- Vaya Month to month Unlimited $24 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, $24
- Vaya Month to month Unlimited $36 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data, $36
- Vaya Month to month Unlimited $44 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 13GB data, $44
While Vaya's Price Beat Guarantee is one of its chief competitive pitches, it also runs special deals periodically. Here's the current suite of month-to-month Vaya deals:Back to top
Vaya 6 Month Contract plans
Vaya's 6 Month Contract plans largely mimic its Month to month Unlimited plans, with very slight price cuts in return for signing up for a half-year term. Like the Month to month plans they're postpaid offerings with $10/GB excess data fees, but because you're committing for a six-month term there are also exit penalties to pay if you decide to cancel your contract before it has run its term.
Here's the basic pricing for Vaya's 6 Month Contract plans:
- Vaya 6 Month $14 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 1.5GB data, $14 monthly, minimum cost $84
- Vaya 6 Month $22 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 3GB data, $22 monthly, minimum cost $132
- Vaya 6 Month $34 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 10GB data, $34 monthly, minimum cost $204
- Vaya 6 Month $42 Plan: Unlimited calls and texts, 13GB data, $42 monthly, minimum cost $252
Again, the Price Beat guarantee applies, although it will only match competitors' prices and give you a single free month rather than a free six-month span. Vaya is understandably competitive in this space, with plenty of deals on offer. Here are the current deals for Vaya's 6 Month SIM-only plans:Back to top
How does Vaya compare?
Vaya's offerings are solidly within the budget space, which means that the core comparison point is on price. Its lowest-cost $16 Month to month plan is hard to beat since it offers 1.5GB of data where most other providers top out at 1GB, outside of single-month specials:
Vaya is also solidly competitive at the higher end of its plan pricing, with 13GB of included standard data at a $42 price point. Here's how that compares to similarly-priced month-to-month plans:
The same kinds of observations are true at the top end of its six-month plan pricing, with Vaya's plans generally coming out on top for data inclusions:Back to top
Why should you consider Vaya?
Vaya's proposition is one that's strongly centred around simple value, and for most people that's probably enough. You don't get a lot of frills when it comes to bundled streaming extras or "data-free" activities on a Vaya SIM, but you're also not paying for extras you may not want or need.
If you do want to make international calls, Vaya sells an optional $2 bolt-on for 200 minutes of international calls on selected plans.
Compare all mobile providers
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals
- Get a hefty 18GB of mobile data for just $32 a month with Virgin Mobile
- Go big with 18GB of mobile data for just $20 with Vodafone
- Telstra will show off 2Gps 4G at MWC 2018
- Get 16GB of mobile data for just $20 with Boost Mobile
- Bendigo Bank scraps its standalone telco business in favour of a new partnership