Lebara’s focus is on international calling, but it also provides a range of prepaid plans for domestic phone users.
Is Lebara right for me?
- What does Lebara offer? Lebara's mobile business focuses on prepaid plans delivered across the Vodafone 3G and 4G networks. Along with 30-day and long-term prepaid mobile plans, Lebara also has a range of mobile broadband plans suitable for tablets and laptops.
- Product highlights: International call inclusions with every plan, bonus data for activating auto recharge.
- Watch out for: While Lebara's bonus data promotion is quite attractive, it's only a limited-time offer. Once the offer expires, Lebara's plans will no longer stand up as favourably against the competition.
Lebara 30-day prepaid plans
Lebara's 30-day prepaid plans explained
All Lebara 30-day prepaid plans come with international call credit as well as unlimited calls to select countries.
- Extra Small: Includes 3GB of data (6GB if you auto-recharge), up to 300 international minutes and $3 international credit for $14.90 every 30 days
- Small: Includes 6GB of data (12GB if you auto-recharge), unlimited international calls to 10 selected countries and $5 international credit for $24.90 every 30 days
- Medium: Includes 12GB of data (24GB if you auto-recharge), unlimited calls to 15 select countries and $5 international credit for $29.90 every 30 days
- Large: Includes 22GB of data (38GB if you auto-recharge), unlimited calls to 18 select countries and $10 international credit for $39.90 every 30 days
- Extra Large: Includes 40GB of data (56GB if you auto-recharge), unlimited calls to 50 select countries and $10 international credit for $49.90 every 30 days
- Extra Extra Large: Includes 62GB of data (78GB if you auto-recharge), unlimited calls to 60 selected countries and $15 international credit for $69.90 every 30 days
Countries included in the unlimited international calls are:
- Small plan: Brazil, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, the UK and the US
- Medium plan: All of the above plus Colombia, India, Japan, Mexico and Peru
- Large plan: All of the above plus Germany, Ireland and Thailand
- Extra Large plan: All of the above plus Argentina, Austria, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, French Guinea, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Puerto Rico, Réunion, Romania, Slovakia, Sweden and Switzerland, along with fixed line calls only to Estonia, France, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Taiwan and Venezuela
- Extra Extra large plan: All of the above plus Bangladesh, Cambodia, Estonia, France, Hungary, Mongolia, Pakistan, Paraguay, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Venezuela and Vietnam.
As an added bonus, the Extra Large plan lets you register up to three numbers in Bangladesh and Pakistan and call them for free without restriction.
If you use more than your monthly quota of data on any of Lebara's 30-day prepaid plans, you'll be automatically charged for excess data at a rate of 2c/MB, with data tallied in 1KB increments.
Lebara long-term prepaid plans
Lebara's long-term prepaid plans explained
- Small 180 days gets you 6GB of data, unlimited calls to 10 select countries and $5 of international credit every 30 days for $135 up-front – equivalent to $22.50 a month
- Medium 180 days gets you 12GB of data, unlimited calls to 15 select countries and $5 of international credit every 30 days for $160 up-front – equivalent to $26.67 a month
- Medium 360 days gets you 12GB of data, unlimited calls to 15 select countries and $5 of international credit every 30 days for $300 up-front – equivalent to $25 a month
- Large 180 days gets you 22GB of data, unlimited calls to 18 select countries and $10 of international credit every 30 days for $225 up-front – equivalent to $37.50 a month
- Large 360 days gets you 22GB of data, unlimited calls to 18 select countries and $10 of international credit every 30 days for $420 up-front – equivalent to $35 a month
It's important to be aware that all call and data inclusions are doled out on a monthly basis, so even though you might have paid for a total of 72GB over 180 days, you can only ever use a maximum of 12GB every 30 days. Similarly, if you have any data remaining from one 30-day period, it won't roll over to the next 30 days.
Lebara pay-as-you-go prepaid plan
Lebara's pay-as-you-go plan explained
- Standard national call: 15c/min + 0c flagfall
- Standard national SMS: 15c
- Data: 2c/MB
How does Lebara compare?
- Bonus auto-recharge data places Lebara among the best-value options on the market
- International call inclusions also give Lebara a leg up on much of the competition
- Without the bonus data, Lebara doesn't stack up quite so well
With three categories of prepaid plans available, Lebara can cater to a wide range of mobile needs and budgets. At the same time, this means there's no shortage of competition striving to serve up a better deal than Lebara can. So how does Lebara fare?
Why should you consider Lebara?
Lebara is a strong contender if you're in the market for a 30-day prepaid plan. Especially at the $30 price range, its plans deliver as much value for your dollar as the best providers out there.
Lebara's 30-day plans also distinguish themselves with their international call inclusions. If you have people you keep in regular contact with overseas, the benefit of unlimited calls to up to 50 countries plus an allotment of international call credit every month makes Lebara well worth considering.
The international advantage is even more impressive if you have a close buddy or three in India, Bangladesh or Pakistan, since Lebara's three biggest 30-day plans let you register phone numbers in those countries and call them as often as you like at no charge.
Lebara prepaid recharge options
Getting started with Lebara requires purchasing a Lebara SIM card directly from the Lebara website. Once you've got your SIM, there are several different ways to recharge your plan:
- Online: Head to the Lebara recharge page and top up your service with a credit or debit card.
- In-store: Purchase a Lebara recharge voucher from select retail stores.
- Auto-recharge: Log into the MyLebara website, register your payment details and select a recharge amount to have your balance automatically topped up every 30 days.
How to contact Lebara
|Phone||1300 126 122|
|Support hours||Mon - Fri: 8:00AM to 8:00PM|
Sat - Sun: 9:00AM to 6:00PM