KISS Mobile targets the ultra-budget-conscious phone user with a variety of pay-as-you-go mobile plans on Vodafone's network.
What services does KISS Mobile offer?
KISS Mobile provides SIM-only pay as you go services on Vodafone’s 3G network. They’re all rolling contract plans, which means that you can cancel at any time. The majority of plans work on you paying a value pool that decreases with usage, although unlimited plans are also available.
How much does KISS Mobile cost?
KISS Mobile offers pay as you go (PAYG) plans at either $5 or $10 per recharge with standard calls charged at 15c per minute, texts charged at 6c each and data charged at 3c per MB.
It also sells Unlimited-branded mobile plans priced between $30 and $80 with unlimited standard national calls and texts, as well as from 1.5GB to 10GB of included data.
What extras does KISS Mobile offer?
KISS Mobile is the very essence of a standalone SIM-only MVNO, with no particular extra features on its plans beyond the essentially "no-contract" way its plans are structured. As such, you’re not tied to the provider beyond a single month.
What excess charges could I face on these plans?
- Excess call costs
- Excess data costs
- International call costs
- Early contract cancellation fees
Kiss Mobile's PAYG plans don't come with any included value per se, so you'll pay the costs of any calls you make within Australia. For those plans, a 2 minute call is costed at 60c, while standard SMS is charged at 14c each. Data is charged at 5c per MB.
For plans that come with unlimited standard national calls and texts, non-standard call types, such as premium phone or SMS services or video calls will attract additional call costs on top of your monthly charge.
Excess data on plans that come with a data quota is charged at 3c per MB. If you only slightly go over your data quota that can keep your excess costs under control, but if you're a heavy data user, it does represent a base per-GB price of $30 per GB, well above the industry norm of $10 per GB.
International calls are supported for Kiss Mobile users at additional costs per call. You can find Kiss Mobile's international rate card here.
Due to the risk of bill shock, Kiss Mobile does not support roaming with its service at all.
Kiss Mobile plans are sold on an upfront basis but with no particular contract commitment in play, which means that if you opt to discontinue the service, there's no break fee to speak of.
- Very low cost plansKISS Mobile has plans to suit every price tier.
- No international roamingIt's not uncommon in the MVNO space, but KISS Mobile's plans explicitly exclude international roaming.
- Data charged in 25Kb blocksMost providers count data per Kb, but KISS counts it in 25Kb blocks, which means you could exhaust your data quota faster than you might otherwise think.
Follow us for all the latest mobile phone news and deals
- Vaya is giving away 6 months of free mobile service with handset sales
- Oppo R11 lands at Optus, Woolworths Mobile, Virgin Mobile and Vodafone
- Optus to spend $1 billion upgrading its regional network
- Vodafone Australia adds 8 new destinations to its $5 roaming deal
- Is it cheaper to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7 outright?