Looking for a no-fuss mobile plan? Internode's got your number.
Is Internode right for me?
- What does Internode offer? Internode offers a selection of month-to-month SIM-only plans that use the Optus 3G and 4G networks. While Internode also provides plenty of broadband services, it doesn't offer any options for broadband and mobile bundles.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, international call credit with higher-tier plans.
- Watch out for: Internode's cheapest SIM-only plans include a finite amount of call credit, whereas most similar plans these days come with unlimited calls and texts. If you make a lot of calls or send a lot of texts, you could find yourself out of credit before the month is up.
Internode SIM-only plans
Internode's SIM-only plans explained
Internode's "NodeMobile" SIM-only plans make use of the Optus 3G and 4G networks and come in five variants, each of which is offered on a no-lock-in, month-to-month contract:
- NodeMobile Starter, which includes 1GB of data and $550 of standard national calls and texts for $15 a month
- NodeMobile Value, which includes 2GB of data and $550 of standard national calls and texts for $19.99 a month
- NodeMobile Standard, which includes 3GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts for $24.99 a month
- NodeMobile Premium, which includes 4GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $100 of international call credit for $29.99 a month
- NodeMobile Platinum, which includes 9GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $300 of international call credit for $37.99 a month
Internode takes a proactive approach to managing customer spending on its NodeMobile plans, sending notifications when you hit certain thresholds of call and data usage within your monthly limit. By default, Internode suspends call or data services if you rack up more than $500 of excess charges, adding a safety net to keep you from drowning in a thousand dollar mobile bill. You can also proactively set warnings through Internode's customer portal to more carefully manage any excess spend.
Excess usage charges themselves are typical for Aussie mobile providers, with any data over your monthly cap charged at $10 per 1GB. Data is tallied in 1GB chunks, so even if you only use a few MB over your monthly cap, you'll still have to pay the full $10.
How does Internode compare?
- International call credit is an advantage over some competing telcos
- Included data is markedly lower than similarly priced plans
- Budget plans only have limited call credit
Why should you consider Internode?
Internode finds itself squarely at the back of the pack with its NodeMobile plans. To be fair, the value proposition isn't terrible, but there are just so many better options out there at both the low- and high-budget price points.
If you are considering Internode, though, you can at least feel secure in the fact that its NodeMobile plans won't lock you into any long-term commitments. Thanks to the month-to-month contracts, you can cancel your service without penalty if you decide it's not meeting your communication needs. The spend management feature also gives you peace of mind that you can't incur incredible excess charges over time.
How to contact Internode
|Phone||Sales: 13 66 33|
Technical support: 1300 788 233
|Support hours||Mon to Sun: 7am to 12pm|
|Contact form||Contact Internode|