Compare Internode mobile plans
Looking for a no-fuss mobile plan? Internode's got your number.
Is Internode right for me?
- What does Internode offer? Internode offers a selection of month-to-month SIM-only plans that use the Optus 3G and 4G networks. While Internode also provides plenty of broadband services, it doesn't offer any options for broadband and mobile bundles.
- Product highlights: No-lock-in contracts, international call credit with higher-tier plans.
- Watch out for: Internode's cheapest SIM-only plans include a finite amount of call credit, whereas most similar plans these days come with unlimited calls and texts. If you make a lot of calls or send a lot of texts, you could find yourself out of credit before the month is up.
Compare mobile plans below
Internode SIM-only plans
Internode's SIM-only plans explained
Internode's "NodeMobile" SIM-only plans make use of the Optus 3G and 4G networks and come in five variants, each of which is offered on a no-lock-in, month-to-month contract:
- NodeMobile Starter, which includes 1GB of data and $550 of standard national calls and texts for $15 a month
- NodeMobile Value, which includes 2GB of data and $550 of standard national calls and texts for $19.99 a month
- NodeMobile Standard, which includes 3GB of data and unlimited standard national calls and texts for $24.99 a month
- NodeMobile Premium, which includes 4GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $100 of international call credit for $29.99 a month
- NodeMobile Platinum, which includes 9GB of data, unlimited standard national calls and texts and $300 of international call credit for $37.99 a month
Internode takes a proactive approach to managing customer spending on its NodeMobile plans, sending notifications when you hit certain thresholds of call and data usage within your monthly limit. By default, Internode suspends call or data services if you rack up more than $500 of excess charges, adding a safety net to keep you from drowning in a thousand dollar mobile bill. You can also proactively set warnings through Internode's customer portal to more carefully manage any excess spend.
Excess usage charges themselves are typical for Aussie mobile providers, with any data over your monthly cap charged at $10 per 1GB. Data is tallied in 1GB chunks, so even if you only use a few MB over your monthly cap, you'll still have to pay the full $10.
How does Internode compare?
- International call credit is an advantage over some competing telcos
- Included data is markedly lower than similarly priced plans
- Budget plans only have limited call credit
Why should you consider Internode?
Internode finds itself squarely at the back of the pack with its NodeMobile plans. To be fair, the value proposition isn't terrible, but there are just so many better options out there at both the low- and high-budget price points.
If you are considering Internode, though, you can at least feel secure in the fact that its NodeMobile plans won't lock you into any long-term commitments. Thanks to the month-to-month contracts, you can cancel your service without penalty if you decide it's not meeting your communication needs. The spend management feature also gives you peace of mind that you can't incur incredible excess charges over time.
Internode mobile deals
To compare offers from other Aussie telcos, head over to our round-up of the latest mobile plan deals.
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and discounts for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription
- 365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans April 2020
- Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data
Read more on this topic
Vodafone’s 5G network is now online Vodafone goes live with its first 5G site in Australia, with talks of 5G global roaming soon to come.
365 Day & Long Expiry Prepaid Mobile Plans March 2020 We help you make the most of every recharge with these top-value 365 day & other long expiry prepaid plans. We've selected picks on each major network, and broken down the pros & cons of the plans for easy comparison.
Optus rolls out new Samsung Galaxy S20 plans with free Buds+ and double data Pre-order the latest Samsung handset from Optus and get double the data for the first year, plus a free pair of Galaxy Buds+.
Telstra releases S20 plans with free upgrade from S20 to S20+ Telstra's giving you a free upgrade from the Samsung S20 to S20+ for a limited time only.
Vodafone releases S20 plans with free 4G to 5G model upgrade Vodafone is giving you a free upgrade to the new 5G Samsung S20 and S20+ models, as well as complimentary Galaxy Buds+.
Woolworths Mobile deals on latest Samsung Galaxy models Woolworths Mobile has cut $250 off their new Samsung S20 range, with bonus savings off your grocery bills too.
Vodafone 5G: What you need to know Vodafone's 5G network will be available from early 2020, joining rivals Telstra and Optus with just a few key differences worth knowing about.
Black Friday Mobile Plan Deals 2019 Grab a SIM or phone plan on the cheap this Black Friday & Cyber Monday.
Stick to the plan: Aussies forking out millions on excess mobile data charges Finder research shows that over the past 12 months, Aussies have wasted $152.6 million on excess data charges.
Google Pixel 4 plans compared If you're keen on a Google Pixel 4 on contract through Telstra, Optus or Vodafone, we've got all the details you need.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert