Heritage Bank is Australia’s largest customer-owned bank.
The bank was formed in 1981 when Toowoomba Permanent Building Society and the Darling Downs Building Society merged.
Heritage Bank offers loans in four categories: fixed, discount variable, basic variable and standard variable. Many of the features from these four loan types can be combined and bundled for a customised package. All loans offered by Heritage Bank come with a redraw facility, portability and allow additional repayments.
For a limited time, Heritage Bank is waiving application fees for new standard variable, discount variable and fixed rate loans. They're also waiving annual fees for the first year of their Home Advantage package loans. This could save you $600. This offer is available if you apply for an eligible loan any time between 15 January and 31 May 2018 and disbursed by 31 July 2018. Other terms and conditions may apply.
Application fee waiver - save $600
For a limited time, Heritage Bank is waiving application fees for new standard variable, discount variable and fixed rate loans. They're also waiving annual fees for the first year of their Home Advantage package loans. This could save you $600.
This offer is available if you apply for an eligible loan any time between 15 January and 31 May 2018 and disbursed by 31 July 2018. Other terms and conditions may apply.
variable rate comparison rate A low variable interest home loan offer with no application fee. Limited time offer.
Heritage Bank Discount Variable Home Loan Offer
A low variable interest home loan offer with no application fee. Limited time offer.
Heritage Bank home loans comparison
Home loans provided by Heritage Bank
This loan allows you to lock in your interest rate for a certain period of time. The interest you pay on this loan can be partially reduced with an offset account that comes with full transaction facilities. There is an ongoing monthly fee and an application fee with this loan, as well as a redraw facility and extra repayment options. When the fixed rate term expires the loan reverts back to the standard variable. This loan can be used for construction and is suitable for those who want to renovate.
The Discount Variable Loan is a no-frills basic home loan with an ongoing discounted interest rate and no monthly fees. It features an application fee but has no valuation fees. This loan does not come with an offset account as interest rate reductions are already built into the structure of the loan. Additional repayments and redraw facilities are available, as well as the ability to increase loan limits for a fee. Repayments on this loan are welcome in the form of principal and interest or interest-only, giving you extra flexibility.
This loan is suitable for borrowers who are planning on paying back their loan in the medium term. The early termination fee is only applicable in the first year of borrowing. There is an application fee, a monthly fee and a limit increase fee. The loan comes with an offset account, a redraw facility and the option of making additional repayments. It has no break fees and no valuation fee. The loan also offers an interest-only repayment option.
Living Equity Line of Credit
Make use of your home's equity to purchase an investment property, invest in other areas or even use the funds for a holiday. Heritage Bank's Living Equity Line of Credit Loan comes with a Visa debit card, allowing you to access your funds when you need them.
The Living Equity Line of Credit Home Loan
Home Advantage Package
Package Heritage Bank's Standard Variable, Fixed Rate or Living Equity home loan with a credit card and transaction account and enjoy the benefits of discounts on application and account keeping fees as well as interest rates and Insurance products.
Reason to consider a Heritage Bank home loan
- Bundle loans with other accounts and use your equity. With Heritage Bank you have the ability to bundle these loans with credit card or transaction accounts. You can also use the equity in your home for additional borrowing and interest rate offsets.
- Full range of redraw facilities and repayment options in every account. Every Heritage Bank home loan allows you to make additional repayments on your own time and allows you to withdraw money from your account in case you need it.
- Borrowing limit increases. Three of Heritage Bank’s home loans allow further advance or limit increases: the Discount Variable, Basic Variable, and Standard Variable home loans.
- Offset accounts. Offset accounts are available with three of Heritage Bank’s home loans. The Discount Variable Loan does not offer an offset account because the ongoing interest rate is already discounted.
How to apply for a Heritage Bank home loan
To find out more about a Heritage Bank home loan, view the home loans in the table above and click 'More' to read a review. If you're interested in finding out more, you can fill out a form and be put into contact with a mortgage broker who can help you apply for a Heritage Bank home loan. Heritage Bank also offers pre-approval to eligible customers.
Information needed to apply for a Heritage Bank home loan
To apply for a home loan with Heritage Bank you'll need to supply the following information:
- Savings information. Heritage Bank will want to see evidence of genuine savings.
- Income information. You'll need to supply tax returns, payslips, letters from your employers and other similar documents. This includes rental income, bonus payments, child support maintenance payments and your financial statements if you're self-employed.
- Information about the purpose of the loan. Heritage Bank will want to see copies of your contract of sale, strata plans if applicable, and other documents if you're building or refinancing.
- Personal identification. You'll need to provide 100 points of identification when applying for a home loan with Heritage Bank.
Heritage Bank has a proven track record as a reliable home loan institution. Seek expert advice and compare the bank’s products with those from other lenders to find the best home loan package for you.