Defence Bank home loans
Compare home loan rates from Defence Bank.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Competitive Defence Bank rates for...
- Home buyers. The Defence Bank Ultimate Package Home Loan - 2 Year Fixed (Owner Occupier) has a 2.69% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
- Investors. The Defence Bank Ultimate Package Home Loan - 1 Year Fixed (Investor) has a 3.49% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 95%.
Compare Defence Bank home loans
Compare Defence Bank home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans. You can also find more information on each individual product by clicking "more info".
Defence Bank lender profile
- Defence Bank is the number-one credit union to serve members of the Australian Defence Force. However, it also serves people from the general community.
- As a member-owned organisation, Defence Bank does not have shareholders to distribute profits to, so it can reinvest those profits to provide affordable banking solutions to its customers.
- This lender has 39 branches around Australia and also offers car and personal loans, banking services and insurance products.
How do I apply for a Defence Bank mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from Defence Bank, please contact the lender directly.
Each Defence Bank product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with Defence Bank you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Christmas comedown: 1 in 4 Aussies worried about housing costs
One in four (25%) Australians are worried about how they will pay the rent or mortgage after Christmas, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site. Find out how the Finder App can help save you money in 2021.
UCapital Unsecured Business Loan
A UCapital unsecured business loan can provide up to $300,000 without security, with repayment terms between 3 and 12 months.
What is a redraw facility?
Here's what borrowers need to know about home loans with redraw facilities.
Finder’s RBA cash rate survey: Experts reveal their top economic predictions for 2021
Experts and economists have shared their key economic and financial predictions for 2021 as part of the latest Finder RBA cash rate survey. All 40 correctly predicted that the cash rate would remain at 0.10% this month.
Finder’s RBA cash rate survey: 89% of experts support axing stamp duty nationally
An annual land tax should replace the one-off financial sledgehammer of stamp duty on property purchases, say experts. All experts (40/40) participating in Finder's RBA cash rate survey are predicting a cash rate hold this December.
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
2-hour home loan approval: Can it happen?
A new partnership between digital bank 86 400 and Mortgage Choice aims to deliver unconditional home approval within as little as two hours – can it really happen?
What is home equity?
A detailed explainer of the concept of home equity and how property owners can make use of it.
Woolworths Team Bank Visa Credit Card
Available to Woolworths Group employees and family, this low-cost card comes with simple features and mobile payment options.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Ask an Expert