RACQ Bank Car Loan
Borrow up to $60,000 for a new or used car with flexible payment options.
RACQ's Car Loan offers a competitive fixed rate with flexible loan amounts, as well as a number of additional benefits including discounted car maintenance.
See if it's right for you below.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Max Loan Amount
RACQ, or Royal Automobile Club of Queensland, was founded in 1905 by a motor enthusiast who wanted to help other people experience the pleasures of motoring. It currently provides member services and products that include roadside assistance, finance, travel and insurance.
If you're in need of vehicle finance, you can consider the competitive options available from RACQ. Find out more about these below.
What's in this guide?
Compare RACQ Car Loans
Main points to consider with the RACQ Car Loan Special
You can apply for between $3,000 and $60,000 and get a loan term up to 7 years for a new car, or 5 years for a used car. If you're getting a loan for a used car, the vehicle must not be older than 12 years at the end of the loan term.
You won't be charged a penalty for making extra repayments and there is no monthly fee.
Features of the RACQ car loan
- Fixed rate. You'll receive an interest rate of 5.49%, with a comparison rate of 6.16%.
- Pre-approval of loan. Borrowers can get pre-approval for the loan, which allows them to find the best option within a given budget.
- No ongoing fees. These loans do not have any ongoing monthly fees.
- Flexible repayment options. The repayments can be made fortnightly or monthly according to your cash flow needs. There is a direct debit facility as well as an option to make extra repayments to reduce interest costs and finish the loan faster.
- Discounted car maintenance. You can take advantage of discounts on car maintenance if you're approved for the loan.
- Short processing time. The application can be submitted online, and approval over the phone is also possible. The outcome of the application is generally available within five business hours.
Fees and charges
- Establishment fee. You will pay an initial fee of $395.
- Loan document fee. You'll need to pay a fee of $82.50.
How does RACQ car loan compare with other car loan providers
From 5.49% p.a.
From 3.85% p.a.
From 4.89% p.a.
Comparison rate6.16% p.a.
Comparison rate4.91% p.a.
Comparison rate5.44% p.a.
Loan termUp to 7 years
Loan term1 to 7 years
Loan term3 to 7 years
Loan amount$3,000 to $60,000
Loan amount$10,000 to $150,000
Loan amount$2,000 to $100,000
Not what you're looking for?
Is your car eligible for a secured loan from RACQ?
RACQ considers the following vehicles for loans:
- New vehicles
- Used vehicles (the vehicle must be no more than 12 years old by the end of the loan)
- Cars, caravans, watercraft and motorcycles
How to apply for a RACQ car loan
If you want to take advantage of the benefits on offer, click 'Go to Site' to apply with RACQ.
You'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You need to be a permanent resident/citizen of Australia or have a valid work visa
- You need to have income sufficient to meet the loan repayments
- Have a good credit history
If you meet these criteria you can submit an application.
You will need the following documents on hand:
- Identification. You'll need to supply proof of your identity, such as your driver's licence.
- Proof of income. Current pay advice or a group certificate will be required to prove your income and that you'll be able to repay the loan.
- Employment history. Applicants might be asked for their employment history to finalise the loan process.
- Other details. You might be asked for details of your housing situation (ownership/renting) references and credit history.
You can take advantage of pre-approval and can find if you've been approved in five business hours.
It is important to have a competitive loan that can help offer smooth repayments and manageable interest. RACQ's car loan provides very competitive interest rates with flexible terms for borrowers.
Before applying, it's better to compare car loans in the market before making a final choice.
Compare car loan providers
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.