MyState Bank Personal Loans
Apply for secured and unsecured personal loans with a redraw facility and no fees charged for early repayment.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
MyState Bank is a Tasmanian-based financial lender with over 50 years of experience providing and managing a range of financial products. Besides personal loans, MyState Bank also offers home loan products, insurance, bank accounts and a variety of bank cards.
MyState Bank subscribes to responsible lending, meaning that you won't be approved for a loan amount that you can't afford to repay. As the largest Tasmanian-owned financial lender, MyState Bank currently services over 120,000 customers across the Australia.
Compare MyState Bank Personal Loans
What types of personal loans does MyState Bank offer?
- Secured personal loan. Borrow up to $75,000 over a maximum loan term of 10 Years. You get a lower interest rate than on an unsecured loan since your assets serve as collateral and repayments are made weekly, fortnightly or monthly with a starting interest rate of 7.99% p.a.
- Unsecured personal loan. No assets or collateral are required to secure this loan type. You can borrow between $3,000 and $50,000 over a loan period of 1 year to 7 Years. The same repayment terms apply with interest rates starting at 9.99% p.a.
- Overdraft. Existing customers can apply for an overdraft facility of up to $30,000 and, if going for the secured option, 80% of property value. You only pay interest on the amount you use and you must make repayments of at least 3% of the outstanding balance. Interest is 15.50% p.a.on unsecured overdrafts.
What other products does MyState Bank offer?
Besides personal loans, MyState Bank also offers the following financial products:
- Home loans. MyState Bank's four home loans are tailored to help customers buy their first home or invest in additional properties. A line of credit is also available as a home loan option.
- Bank accounts. You can open one of five bank accounts to help you save or use the offset account to decrease interest on home loans or facilitate paying bills.
- Term deposits. These can help customers create wealth over investment terms of between one and 24 months.
- Business financial products. MyState Bank offers new and established businesses a tailored set of financial products.
- Personal loan insurance. This product insures the loan amount and will cover repayments in certain cases of accident or injury. Choose between four types of cover.
How to apply for a MyState Bank personal loan
MyState Bank accepts applications online as well as in person at a branch. You can also request a call-back by filling in the fields at the bottom of the personal loans product page. Advice is also available on the customer service line.
You'll be asked to confirm your age and citizenship or resident status before going through to the application form, as well as meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must confirm that you've been employed part-time or full-time for at least three months, casually employed for at least 12 months or self-employed for at least two years.
- Your credit history must be free of defaults and bankruptcy.
You'll also need the following documents on hand:
- Proof of income. Your two latest payslips dated within the last 60 days or last year's Group Certificate plus one recent payslip. If you are self-employed, you must provide a copy of your two latest tax returns, as well as profit and loss statements for the past two financial years and your most recent tax assessment.
- Assets. This includes investments or other assets you may have, including valuable furniture, leisure items, vehicles and superannuation.
- Liabilities. Here you must declare any credit cards, existing loans and other debts you're currently repaying.
More guides on Finder
Handypay Personal Loan
Find out more about Handypay's personal loans for home improvements. Personalised rates start from 6.75% p.a. on terms from 1 to 7 years.
Now Finance Secured Personal Loan review
Get rewarded for an excellent credit score with a Now Finance personalised rate secured personal loan. Rates vary between 5.95% p.a. and 15.45% p.a. Apply today.
BankSA business loans
Whether you're looking to support cash flow, grow your business or purchase new equipment, BankSA may have a business loan option for you.
Heritage Bank Fully Drawn Business Loan
Heritage Bank's Fully Drawn Business Loan is a flexible business finance offering with both fixed and variable rate options, a high maximum loan term and no limit on borrowing power.
MyState Bank Unsecured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
Looking for a personal loan without the need for security? MyState Bank offers a competitive fixed rate loan option for almost any purpose.
MyState Bank Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan
If you have good credit and can provide security, you can apply for a low-rate MyState Secured Fixed Rate Personal Loan up to $75,000 today.
Nimble $5,000 to $25,000 Personal Loans
If you're consolidating your debts, planning a wedding or you just want to finally take that dream holiday, you may be able to fund it with a Nimble Unsecured Personal Loan.
BankVic Introductory 2 Year Variable Rate Home Loan
Read Finder's review of BankVic's Introductory 2 Year Variable Rate home loan. Compare rates and apply today.
Beyond Bank First Home Buyers Total Home Loan Package
Read our detailed review of Beyond Bank's First Home Buyers Total Home Loan Package.
Auswide Personal Loan
Looking to buy a car or fund a holiday? The Auswide Personal Loan lets you borrow up to $50,000.
Personal Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 24.79% p.a. based on your risk profile.
Apply for a loan up to $50,000 and repay your loan over 3 or 5 years terms.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 10.5% p.a.
Apply for up to $50,000 to use for a variety of purposes without needing to add security. Available to self-employed applicants.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 18.99% p.a. ( 7.91% p.a. to 19.83% p.a. comparison rate) based on your risk profile
An unsecured loan up to $55,000 you can use for a range of purposes and pay off over up to 7 years. Note: Majority of customers will get the headline rate of 12.69% p.a. (13.56% p.a. comparison rate) or less. See Comparison rate warning in (i) above.
You'll receive a fixed rate between 6.99% p.a. and 20.49% p.a. based on your risk profile
A loan from $5,000 to use for a range of purposes. Benefit from no ongoing fees and no early repayment fee.
Ask an Expert