Whether you’re buying a new or used car, caravan or motorcycle, NRMA may have a financing option for you.
NRMA is Australia's largest member organisation and one of Australia's most well-known car and vehicle service providers. It offers car-related services to members, which includes car loans and insurance. It's not necessary to be a member of the NRMA to take out a loan, but if you are a member you can take advantage of a discounted rate.
How do NRMA car loans compare?
- Secured Car Loan. You can attach a new or used car, motorcycle, caravan, motorhome, caravan or boat, or even refinance an existing car loan with the Secured Car Loan from NRMA. You can get a competitive fixed rate from 5.99% p.a. and have up to 7 year(s) to repay it. You can borrow between $5,000 and $100,000 and enjoy no monthly fees. Five-hour pre-approval is also available you can receive your funds on the next day following approval.
Is your vehicle eligible to be used as security?
Any of the following vehicles may be able to be used for finance:
- New or used cars
- A new motorcycle
- A caravan or motorhome
- A new boat
How you can apply for an NRMA Car Loan
If you're interested in applying for the NRMA Secured Car Loan, you can get your application started conveniently online. First, make sure you meet the application criteria as outlined below:
- The loan amount is more than $5,000
- You are over 18 years of age
- You haven't defaulted on any loan or credit within the last three years
- You haven't entered bankruptcy within the last seven years
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You can provide evidence of a regular income
The application process will take about ten minutes to complete. Before you begin, make sure you have the following details on hand:
- Current driver's licence
- Employment details including your employer's contact information and how long you've been employed
- Your financial information such as your income, assets, savings, details of your other loans and your expenses
You do not have to be an NRMA Member, but by taking out NRMA membership it may entitle you to qualify for an instant saving on an NRMA car loan. If you are an NRMA Member, then having the membership number handy when applying ensures taking advantage of any member savings.