Stratton Finance New Car Loan
Get on the road in the car you want using a car loan through Stratton.
This car loan is offered through Stratton Finance, one of Australia's largest car finance brokers with over 25 years of experience. Stratton Finance is a part of the Carsales network, giving you access to a range of vehicles that meet your needs and lifestyle.
By using Stratton's services you'll be able to benefit from a car loan broker. Find out more about this loan in this review.
3 things to know about the Stratton Finance car loan
- Offers loans from a range of lenders. Stratton acts as the broker and will find a suitable car loan on your behalf.
- Balloon payment option. You can opt to make a lump-sum payment at the end of the loan term to reduce the size of your repayments.
- Flexible loan amounts. You can borrow from $7,500 to $150,000.
From 3.85% (fixed)
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
Max Loan Amount
If you're looking for vehicle finance, finding the right loan from the right lender is important, but it can also be a challenge. There's not only a lot of different lenders to choose from but a lot of different loan types. From basic car loans and secured loans to chattel mortgages, novated leases or even a commercial hire purchase.
If you find yourself unsure of what type of loan you need, or even what you can afford, Stratton can help you source a lender, navigate the application process and see you right through until the forms are signed and the keys are in your hand.
What's in this guide?
- Apply for a car loan from Stratton Finance
- Main points to consider with Stratton's car loan
- Stratton's car loan features and benefits
- Fees and charges
- How does Stratton Finance compare with other car loan providers?
- Compare car loan options from Stratton Finance
- How to apply for Stratton's car loan
- What information will you need to apply for the car loan?
- What other products does Stratton Finance offer?
- Other loans available from Stratton Finance
- Compare car loan providers
- Rates from 3.85% p.a.
- Loan terms 3 to 7 years
- Fast approval
100% confidential application
Stratton Finance New Car Loan
Stratton offers a competitive interest rate loan up to $250,000 with flexible repayment options.
- Interest rate from: 3.85% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 4.05% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $700 ()
- Minimum loan amount: $10,000
- Maximum loan amount: $250,000
Apply for a car loan from Stratton Finance
Main points to consider with Stratton's car loan
Stratton is a finance broker that can secure you competitive finance for your car purchase. They offer fixed rates starting from 3.85% p.a. and the comparison rate is 4.05% p.a. These depend heavily on your individual circumstances that your Stratton personal loan broker will discuss with you.
You can apply for up to $250,000 with a loan term of up to 7 years. You are able to trade in a vehicle and use it as a deposit as well as having the option of using cash.
Stratton's car loan features and benefits
- Low rate. The fixed rates start from 3.85% p.a. and the comparison rate is 4.05% p.a.
- Freedom of choice. Stratton works with a range of car loan brands to offer a competitive range of products.
- Dedicated consultant. Stratton will appoint a personal broker to help find the loan that suits your situation.
- Fixed interest rates. The fixed rate offers you the certainty of knowing how much your repayments will be each month. You also have the ability to redraw funds when necessary.
- Flexible contract terms. This loan has terms that range from 3 years to 7 years.
- Make a deposit. You are able to make a deposit of either cash or a vehicle that you can trade in to ease the cost of your repayments.
- Option of a balloon payment. This is an overall value that can be applied to your contract which enables you to tailor your repayments to a budget.
- Monthly repayments. Your repayments are made on a monthly schedule.
- Early repayment option. You may be able to pay off your loan early without penalty, depending on the lender that is used.
- Potential tax deduction. You may be able to get a deduction on your taxes using this vehicle for business purposes. Simply let Stratton Finance know that you intend to use the vehicle for business and they'll take you through the process.
- Business and personal car loan options. If you're looking to buy a car for personal use, to use for your business or to buy through salary packing, Stratton may have loan options for you.
- Knowledge and expertise. It has been operating for the past 15 years and so have extensive experience in vehicle finance.
- Full online quote and approval. You can easily and conveniently submit your application form online to see if you’ve been approved and then receive a quote.
Fees and charges
- Application Fee. $700
- Service Fee. There is a monthly fee attached to this loan.
Compare car loan options from Stratton Finance
While Stratton doesn’t offer loan products themselves, they work with a range of car lenders to give you access to the following types of loans:
This type of loan doesn’t require you to use your car as a guarantee, protecting the car in case you default on the loan. As these loans are riskier for lenders they generally come with higher rates. However, you’ll also find that you are less restricted in the way you can use your loan amount.
Car loans are secured, meaning your car will be used as a guarantee and will be repossessed if you default on the loan. These loans generally come with lower rates and fees than unsecured loans.
Finance lease (car lease)
This is a commercial loan product whereby a financier purchases a vehicle and leases it out to a customer. The customer pays a fixed monthly lease rental and then pays a residual payment at the end of the lease to take ownership of the vehicle.
Commercial Hire Purchase (CHP)
This is similar to a finance lease except its where a business hires a car from a financier. After paying to lease the vehicle during the leased term the business has the option to purchase the vehicle at the end of the term.
A chattel mortgage is another avenue a business can take to secure a vehicle. This avenue involves a business borrowing money from a financier to buy a vehicle, and the financier having a mortgage over the vehicle until the loan is repaid.
Novated lease (salary packaging)
This type of loan allows an employee to buy a vehicle which is paid for out of their pre-tax income by their employer. There are several tax benefits to this loan type, and its also an incentive that employers can offer to their employees.
Fully-maintained novated lease
This is another method of salary packaging where an employee leases a car and their employer uses the employee’s pre-tax income to cover the repayments and operating expenses.
How to apply for Stratton's car loan
Click on "Go to Site" and ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Be over the age of 18
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have held good credit history over the last five years
- Have not declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Indicate whether or not you are a property owner. This includes mortgaged properties. Although this is not a requirement per se, it will better determine your solvency to pay off the loan.
What information will you need to apply for the car loan?
If you’d like to apply with Stratton to help you find a car loan, or any other type of loan, you can submit an online enquiry directly through their website. Have the following details on hand:
- Vehicle information. The make, model, build year, condition of the vehicle and where you're buying the vehicle from.
- Finance details. How much you need to borrow and the terms you need.
- Financial and personal details. Your name and contact details, whether you own property and if you've had finance before.
- Employment details. Your income after-tax and your business' contact details.
What other products does Stratton Finance offer?
In addition to car finance, Stratton Finance give you access to a diverse range of lenders who offer products in the following areas:
Stratton provides mortgage broking services to help you find a home loan, investment property loan, commercial mortgage and development funding.
Plant and equipment finance
You can also employ Stratton’s services to find financing for your industrial plant and equipment.
Stratton can help you find a lender to fund the purchase of a boat, yacht, jet ski or commercial fishing vessel.
You can also find an insurance provider to find cover for your car, home, loans, overseas travel and more.
During the approval process no further documentation will be necessary aside from your personal data which includes your asset and liabilities situation. Based on this small disclosure, Stratton Finance will determine your eligibility, and your final rate will be based on your risk profile.
Stratton Finance's 25 years of experience will help you find your ideal vehicle. However, be sure to compare other personal loans and financing products to ensure this one meets your needs.
Other loans available from Stratton Finance
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.