IMB car loans
Find out about the competitive loan options from IMB that can help you get on the road.
Find out more about IMB and the flexible loans it has on offer in the page below, and compare and apply for the right secured loan for your car-buying needs.
- No monthly account fees
- Extra repayments OK
- Borrow up to $60,000
100% confidential application
IMB Secured Personal Loan
A competitive fixed rate loan available from $2,000 that you can use for any worthwile purpose.
- Interest rate: 6.45% p.a.
- Comparison rate: 6.8% p.a.
- Interest rate type: Fixed
- Application fee: $275.12
- Minimum loan amount: $2,000
- Maximum loan amount: $60,000
Compare your IMB car loan options
- New Car Loan. If you're purchasing a new car or one that is less than two years old you can secure a rate of 5.45% p.a. with the IMB New Car Loan. You can apply for a loan amount between $2,000 and $75,000 and repay it over a term of 7 years.
- Secured Personal Loan. This loan needs to be secured with a new or used vehicle up to six years of age, but can be used for any purchase (this includes the purchase of that vehicle). You can borrow between $2,000 and $60,000 for terms that can extend up to 5 years. A competitive rate of 6.45% p.a. applies to this loan.
- Unsecured Personal Loan. If you're looking to purchase a used car that's over six years old you can consider the IMB Unsecured Personal Car Loan, which comes with a rate of 9.54% p.a.. You can borrow up to $30,000 with this loan have between 1 year and 5 years to repay it. You're also able to make additional repayment to pay off your loan sooner.
Is your car eligible to be used as security?
As IMB offers two secured car loans, different criteria is in place for each:
- New Car Loan: The car needs to be new or up to two years old and between $2,000 and $75,000.
- Secured Personal Loan: The car can be new or used vehicle up to six years of age.
How you can apply for a loan with IMB
The first step is deciding which loan is right for you to finance your vehicle purchase. Once you've done this, you can click "Go to Site" to get the application process started. You'll need to meet the eligibility criteria outlined below to be eligible to apply:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a good credit history
- Earn a monthly income
You'll need the following information on hand to complete the application:
- Personal information including your name, contact details and a form of ID
- Financial details such as your income, assets and expenses
- Your employment information
The application should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
The loan options IMB has available are competitive offerings, but as they are not the only ones in the market, it's important to compare your options before you decide which one is best for you.
Read more on this topic
loans.com.au green car loan If you're thinking of upgrading to a more energy efficient vehicle, you can apply for a loans.com.au green car loan today. Receive a competitive rate and a limited-time special offer.
Coronavirus car care tips Been washing your hands and cleaning your devices but forgot your car? Here's how to give your car a deep clean.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can't afford your car repayments Can't afford your car loan repayments because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Here's what to do.
Jump Payments car loans If you're looking to buy a new car and don't know where to start when it comes to finance, Jump Payments could help you to find the right car loan for your circumstances.
DBS Finance Boat Loan If you're looking to buy a boat, DBS Finance could help. With over 20 reputable partnered lenders, specialist brokers and pre-approval, you could be sailing away before you know it.
DBS Finance Caravan Loan Looking for the perfect caravan to explore Australia? DBS Finance may be able to help. With 20+ partnered reputable lenders, it might be able to find the right loan for you.
Mazda3 car loans Find out how much you'll need to pay to get a Mazda3 with a car loan.
Best 2019 end of year plate car clearance deals Saves thousands of dollars on a new car with these end of year plate deals.
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante Australian release date and price The flagship model of Aston Martin's Super GTs, the DBS Superleggera Volante, is here, if you can afford it.
Subaru Reviews Thinking of buying a Subaru? Here's all you need to know about the brand that claims to have kickstarted Australia's love of the SUV.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.45% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.89% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed or variable rate depending on the lender you are approved with
Apply for up to $250,000 and use cash or trade in a vehicle to use as a deposit. Optional balloon payment available.
Ask an Expert