BankSA Car Loans Comparison
Get into a new car and enjoy a competitive interest rate when you secure finance with BankSA.
If you're looking at financing a new or used car, then you may want to consider a car loan from BankSA. As the largest financial institution in South Australia, it offers competitive options for securing credit for a car purchase.
It has secured and unsecured personal loans, either of which can be used to finance the purchase of a vehicle. A secured personal loan allows you to put your car up as security in case you can't make your repayments. As this is less of a risk to the lender, the interest on these type of loans tend to be cheaper. If you don't want to risk your car, you can opt for an unsecured personal loan.
BankSA has competitive products for secured and unsecured personal loans, so compare your options to find the best loan for you.
Compare BankSA Car Loans
- Unsecured Personal Loan. As this loan is unsecured you have more flexibility with the car you purchase. BankSA offers you a choice between a fixed or variable rate, with fixed interest rates starting from 11.49% p.a. You can apply for a loan of between $2,000 and $50,000. If you opt for a variable rate you can make extra repayments and access a redraw facility and a fixed rate will keep your repayments the same throughout the life of the loan.
- Secured Personal Loan. You can finance a new or used vehicle for this loan, with a lower rate available if the car is eligible for security. As with the unsecured loan, you can select a fixed or variable interest rate, with the fixed rate starting from a competitive 8.49% p.a. You can borrow between 1 yearand 7 years and if you opt for the variable rate loan you can make additional repayments and then access them through a redraw facility.
Is your car eligible to use as security?
If you opt for the Secured Personal Loan you can secure a lower rate by attaching your vehicle as a guarantee. A vehicle can be eligible if it is:
- New or used
- Less than 12 years old at the time the loan expires
- Registered under the applicant's name
- Registered in joint names if you're applying as a joint personal loan
How you can apply with BankSA
If you're interested in applying for a car loan from BankSA you can click "Go to Site" on your chosen loan above. You'll need to meet the following criteria to apply:
- You're over the age of 18
- You're an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
If you meet this criteria you can start your application. Make sure you have the following details on hand to complete the online application in full:
- Your current employer's name and contact information
- If you're self-employed, your recent tax information
- Your weekly after-tax income and current expenses
- Details regarding your assets, savings and investments
- Amounts owed on your credit cards and store accounts
- One personal reference including their contact details
BankSA offers some convenient ways to finance a new or used car purchase, but ensure you compare your options before you apply.
Read more on this topic
loans.com.au green car loan If you're thinking of upgrading to a more energy efficient vehicle, you can apply for a loans.com.au green car loan today. Receive a competitive rate and a limited-time special offer.
Coronavirus car care tips Been washing your hands and cleaning your devices but forgot your car? Here's how to give your car a deep clean.
Coronavirus: What to do if you can't afford your car repayments Can't afford your car loan repayments because of the COVID-19 pandemic? Here's what to do.
Jump Payments car loans If you're looking to buy a new car and don't know where to start when it comes to finance, Jump Payments could help you to find the right car loan for your circumstances.
DBS Finance Boat Loan If you're looking to buy a boat, DBS Finance could help. With over 20 reputable partnered lenders, specialist brokers and pre-approval, you could be sailing away before you know it.
DBS Finance Caravan Loan Looking for the perfect caravan to explore Australia? DBS Finance may be able to help. With 20+ partnered reputable lenders, it might be able to find the right loan for you.
Mazda3 car loans Find out how much you'll need to pay to get a Mazda3 with a car loan.
Best 2019 end of year plate car clearance deals Saves thousands of dollars on a new car with these end of year plate deals.
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante Australian release date and price The flagship model of Aston Martin's Super GTs, the DBS Superleggera Volante, is here, if you can afford it.
Subaru Reviews Thinking of buying a Subaru? Here's all you need to know about the brand that claims to have kickstarted Australia's love of the SUV.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.45% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 5.29% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 5.69% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed or variable rate depending on the lender you are approved with
Apply for up to $250,000 and use cash or trade in a vehicle to use as a deposit. Optional balloon payment available.
Ask an Expert