Finance your next new or used car purchase with a loan from Australia's first bank.
Westpac was started in 1817 and it was the first bank to be established in Australia. Its first office was set up in Sydney, but it has now expanded both within Australia and beyond. The group offers products with the aim of assisting customers to save and invest.
Westpac also extends financing to individuals, institutions, multinational corporations and even government agencies. Car loans fall under their personal loans division, and these can help you get the amounts you need to purchase your next new or used car.
Westpac Car Loan Comparison
- Car Loan. You can purchase a new car or refinance a used car with this loan and get a competitive rate of 8.49% p.a.. You can apply for a loan amount between $10,000 and $100,000 and have up to 7 year(s) to repay it. You're able to make extra repayments, but if you choose a term greater than two years and pay it off within two years, a fee applies.
Can you use your car as security?
If your vehicle meets the following criteria it can be used as security for the Westpac Car Loan:
- New car or used car if refinancing
- The vehicle needs to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer
- You may be able to borrow extra funds to purchase additional items to upgrade your car
How you can apply for the Westpac Car Loan
If you're ready to get your application started, click "Go to Site" to do so. You'll need to meet the following criteria to be considered for a loan:
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a regular permanent income
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold an acceptable visa and have confirmed employment in Australia
If you meet these criteria you can start the application. You'll need all the following details to complete the application:
- Documents to verify your identity
- Details of your current financial situation and employment
After you submit your application you will find out if you;ve been approved within two business days, following which you have 30 days to find your car.