CUA Car Loans
CUA puts you in the driver's seat at affordable rates starting from
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
- Please note that CUA has been rebranded to Great Southern Bank. The information on this page has been kept for the benefit of those who are interested and historical records only.
Credit Union Australia (CUA) traces its roots back to 1940s when it was formed through merger between several different credit unions across Queensland. Since then it has grown at a rapid pace, now with a membership of over 400,000 and growing. It has over $9 billion in assets under management, showing the trust it has cultivated in the market.
CUA provides a wide range of products like home loans, personal loans, health insurance and business loans. The ability to provide a great service whilst keeping interest rates competitive has helped CUA benefit the lives of its customers.
Compare car loans from CUA
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
- CUA Fixed Rate Car Loan. Benefit from a competitive fixed rate of 6.79% p.a. when you're purchasing a new car. The minimum loan amount is $5,000 and the maximum is $100,000. Even though the loan is fixed it's quite flexible; you have up to 7 years repay it, there are no penalties for early repayment and you can make unlimited extra repayments to your loan.
- CUA Fixed Rate Personal Loan. If you have your eye on a used car but still want your repayments to remain fixed, you can consider the Fixed Rate Personal Loan. It comes with a rate of 9.39% p.a. and no monthly fees. You can borrow between $5,000 and $50,000, making it suitable for a secondhand car purchase, and there are no penalties for early repayment. Loan terms are available up to 7 years.
- CUA Variable Rate Personal Loan. This loan lets you purchase any car you like, and if market rates drop you may be able to take advantage of the favourable conditions. The loan comes with a rate of 10.89% p.a. and you can borrow between $30,000 and $60,000. There are no monthly fees, no penalties for early repayment and you have the ability to make unlimited extra repayments. You can also make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly to suit your budget.
Can your vehicle be used as security?
To be eligible for the secured loan, vehicles need to be:
- A new car or;
- A car that's no more than two years old and;
- Worth $15,000 and above
How you can apply for a CUA Car Loan
CUA makes it easy to apply for a car loan and ensures that the entire process is completed with a short turnaround time. Interested borrowers can click on 'Go to Site' and a new application for their car loan will be opened. The overall process is smooth and you can expect a response from CUA within 30 seconds of completing the application.
- Age. Be at least 18 years of age.
- Income. Receive a regular income.
- Bankruptcy and bad credit. Not have declared insolvency or bankruptcy. You should also not have any defaults on your credit cards, loans store cards or interest-free finance in the past five years.
You'll need the following information on hand to complete the online application:
- Employment and income details
- Asset information including house, vehicles, money, shares
- Amount owed on loans, overdraft, credit cards
- Australian driver's licence number or passport details
The loan options on offer from CUA fixed rate car loan are definitely ones to consider if you're in the market for financing. However, as there are other options available, it's important to compare all available car loan options before submitting your application.
More guides on Finder
5 Best Black Friday 2021 cruise deals to save on future sailings
Up to 50% off deposits, $400 onboard credit deposits, 60% off second guests, flexible bookings and more await.
Where to watch Buried online in Australia
Ninety minutes of oxygen and no way out.
Where to watch I Love a Mama’s Boy online in Australia
Uncomfortable family moments abound in this intriguing reality series.
Where to watch Escape to the Chateau online in Australia
This renovation show is on a whole new level.
Where to watch Warehouse 13 online in Australia
Mystery loves company.
Where to watch Ready Player One online in Australia
It's based on Ernest Cline's popular novel of the same name.
5 Black Friday deals to save money on stuff you actually need
Save on everyday bills this Black Friday with deals from Budget Direct, Vodafone and more.
Where to watch Hereditary online in Australia
Every family tree hides a secret.
Where to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them online in Australia
Explore a new era of J.K. Rowling's wizarding world.
Where to watch The Hangover Part II online in Australia
The Wolfpack is back – and they still love to party.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.88% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert