Compare SpinTel NBN plans
Award-winning broadband provider SpinTel has a range of flexible NBN plans available for all types of broadband needs.
What you need to know about SpinTel NBN plans
SpinTel is an Internet service provider with a definite focus on offering a range of connection types, broadband speeds, data allowances and contract lengths. The flexible arrangement of plans is particularly useful for new NBN customers, with the ability to custom-pick the key features desired for your broadband connection.
All of SpinTel's NBN bundles include a voice connection, though regular home phone users will want to consider increasing their phone bundle component to include unlimited local standard, national or mobile calls.
SpinTel NBN customers will also need to purchase a new SpinTel modem as part of the connection, with two different models on offer depending on your personal home broadband needs.
What are the different SpinTel NBN bundles?
SpinTel's NBN bundles are a matrix of possibilities, based on the different inclusions you may want for your Internet connection. You can define practically every component of the bundle:
- Speed. SpinTel offers NBN plans on all of the NBN speed tiers. You can choose from Basic (12/1Mbps), Standard (25/5Mbps), Fast (50/20Mbps) or Aww Yeah (100/40Mbps). Naturally, the monthly price increases as you increase the speed tier.
- Data. SpinTel offers three distinct data allowances: 40GB, 500GB and 1,000GB/Unlimited. That top level depends on your speed tier, so on a 12/1 or 25/5 connection, you can choose unlimited data, though 50/20 or 100/40 connections will be restricted to 1,000GB of data each month.
- Phone options. Every NBN bundle includes a phone connection. The basic "Small" level doesn't include any calls, but charges as you use the phone line. The "Medium" tier includes unlimited standard local and national calls, while the "Large" tier adds unlimited mobile calls as well.
- Contract length. SpinTel offers all its NBN plans on three separate contract lengths. Customers can opt for a full 24-month contract, which includes a $70 credit on your plan; a 12-month contract which does away with any setup fees; or a month-to-month contract which adds $49 to the standard minimum cost, but offers the flexibility of switching providers at will.
- Modem gateway. SpinTel requires new NBN customers to purchase a new modem gateway as part of their connection to the provider. There are two options – a Standard Netcomm VDSL/ADSL N300/WiFi/Gateway/VoIP NF10WV or the Advanced Netcomm VDSL/ADSL WiFi VoIP GIGABIT Gateway NF17ACV.
How much do SpinTel NBN plans cost?
Because there are so many ways to customise your SpinTel NBN plan, the monthly cost can vary greatly, depending on your inclusions.
But at its cheapest, SpinTel's NBN plans start at $39.95 a month for the most basic connection, and range up to $104.95 for the fastest plan with the maximum data and phone inclusions.
You'll also need to pay $69 up-front for a standard modem gateway or $149 for the advanced model, plus $15 postage to receive the modem. If you opt for a month-to-month contract, there is also a $49 setup fee.