A special discount on your interest rate and a waived establishment fee could make the Real Deal home loan worth considering
If you choose a Newcastle Permanent’s Real Deal home loan to finance the purchase of your next property, you could save up to 0.25% p.a. off of the variable interest rate for the first three years of the loan. In addition, the $595 establishment fee is waived. Both of these offers are available for a limited time only to new mortgage loan applications.
|Product Name||Newcastle Permanent Building Society Real Deal Home Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$50,000|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||95%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||Yes|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||Yes|
|Split Loan Facility||Yes|
|Fixed Interest Option||Yes|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- No application fee
- No valuation fee
- No ongoing fees
- Redraw facility available
- Only a partial offset account is available
Things to consider about the Newcastle Permanent Real Deal Home Loan
The Real Deal Home Loan is suitable for the purchase of a residential property, either by an owner occupier or investor. It comes complete with many of the options a home buyer looks for in a home loan, including flexibility in repayments and a redraw facility. It's not available for commercial loan purposes.
The standard variable interest rate for a Real Deal Home Loan is , but with the discount you'll be paying for the first three years. After that three year period, the rate reverts to the regular Real Deal variable interest rate, which is with a comparison rate of .
Features of the Newcastle Permanent Real Deal Home Loan
In addition to the special offers on interest and fees, the Real Deal Home Loan also has these following features for you to consider when comparing it to other mortgages:
- Loan to Value Ratio (LVR). The maximum LVR is 95% of the property value. Keep in mind that for those who borrow over 80% of the property value may have to pay Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI).
- Loan terms. The maximum loan term for this loan is 30 years.
- Repayment frequency. You can choose to make your repayments monthly, fortnightly or weekly with the Real Deal Home Loan. You're also permitted to make extra repayments which can help pay your loan off earlier.
- Repayment types. If you want the option of extra cash on hand, you can choose to make interest-only repayments for up to five years. You may also take a holiday on making repayments altogether if you have enough additional funds from extra repayments to cover them.
- Partial offset account. A partial offset account is available with this home loan. With a partial offset account, only a portion of the balance in the account will be applied to the principal before interest is calculated, as opposed to a 100% offset account where the entire balance is deducted.
- Redraw. There's a redraw facility available with no minimum amount available with this loan. However, you are charged a fee when you take advantage of this option.
- Loan amount. The minimum amount you can borrow with this loan is $50,000.
- Package deal available. You can combine this Newcastle Permanent home loan with other products to create a package that best suits your circumstances.
Fees you can avoid
- Establishment fee, $595. For a limited time, the establishment fee is being waived for this loan.
- Ongoing fee. There is no monthly or yearly charge to the home loan for account-keeping.
- Redraw fees. You will be charged a fee if you redraw any extra repayments that you have made towards the value of the loan. This is $10 per redraw processed online, or $35 for redraws conducted at a Newcastle Permanent Branch.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Discharge settlement fee. This will apply only if you need Newcastle Permanent to produce the title deed when the loan is paid in full.
How to apply for the Newcastle Permanent Real Deal Home Loan
Before making the decision that this is the right home loan product for you, make sure that you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age. You'll have to be at least 18 years of age to be considered eligible for this home loan.
- Credit history. To increase your chances of being approved for any home loan product, you should work on keeping a good credit history.
If you meet these requirements and would like to apply for the Real Deal Home Loan click the ‘go to site’ button. This will take you safely to the loan enquiry page. Here you will be asked to fill out a contact form so that a Newcastle Permanent home loans expert can get in touch with you to discuss your options.
When applying for a home loan product be prepared to present the following documentation:
- Personal information. This should be your full name, date of birth and permanent address. You will also need to present a verifiable form of identification such as a valid driver’s licence.
- Employment history. Recent employment information including how to contact your present employer, amount of time you have been with them and your rate of pay.
- Income. Documentation that verifies both your gross and net income. This could be recent pay slips or tax forms.
- Liabilities. Liabilities refers to any current debts you hold. This includes open loans, credit cards and overdraft accounts. Lenders will ask for current balances, monthly repayments and available credit.
While the competitive interest rate and waived establishment fee are appealing features of this home loan, there are other points to take into considerations such as the offset account.
When comparing this loan with others, be sure that you look at all of the features offered to make sure that you are getting the best value for your situation.
Enquire about this home loan
Newcastle Permanent Real Deal Home Loan Interest Rate History vs RBA Cash Rate Graph
Enquire about this home loan