Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate
The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate offers discounted fixed rates and a host of savings on other banking products.
The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate is a package home loan that offers a discount off the lender's fixed rate in exchange for an annual package fee. You'll also get discounts on a range of other banking products, from car and personal loan fees to insurance products.
The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Home loan has a low variable rate and many additional features designed to help you save money when paying off your home loan. It offers discounts on interest rates, as well as on other banking and finance products, in exchange for an annual fee.
Rebecca Pike is Finder's senior writer for money. She joined Finder after almost four years writing for business publications in the mortgage and finance industry, including three years as editor of Mortgage Professional Australia. She regularly appears as a money expert on programs like Sunrise and Today, as well as across radio and newspapers. She also holds an ASIC-recognised Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification.
The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate is a great option for owner occupiers and investors if you need additional products but don’t want to fork out too much extra. This home loan offers a discount on its fixed interest rate when you take out a package, in exchange for an annual package fee instead. If you like to do all of your banking in one place and you’re in the market products like a car loan or personal loan, you can get reduced rates there too.
Although you might be worried about the $395 annual fee, there are no other fees to consider. It’s important to work out the savings you would make from the packaged products to see if the annual fee is worth it. But if it is, you’ll also benefit from being able to pay an extra $25,000 a year towards your home loan as well as being able to redraw from your additional repayments.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate?
- Loan amount and loan-to-value ratio (LVR). The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate has no minimum loan amount and carries a maximum loan-to-value ratio (LVR) of 95%. However, you'll have to pay for lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) if you borrow more than 80%.
- Repayment flexibility. The Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate allows up to $25,000 of additional repayments per year. The loan also allows weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
- Redraw facility. This loan also includes a redraw facility to allow you to access any additional repayments you've made.
- No application or monthly fees. While the Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate does not have any application or monthly fees, it does come with a $395 annual package fee.
- Savings on other products. This loan offers fee waivers and discounts on a range of other products. You won't have to pay any application fees on car or personal loans, and you'll have the annual fees waived on eligible credit cards. In addition to this, the Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate loan also offers discounts on insurance products.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Annual fee. $395. This single annual fee offers you fee waivers and interest-rate discounts on both your home loan and other banking and insurance products.
How to apply
If the Newcastle Permanent Premium Plus Package Fixed Rate sounds like it meets your home-loan needs, click the button below to be taken to Newcastle Permanent's website where you'll be guided through the application process.