Mortgage House Chameleon – Executive Home Loan 50
If you’ve paid off at least half of your home loan and are looking to refinance, you can benefit from a competitive interest rate from Mortgage House.
Mortgage House’s Chameleon - Executive Home Loan 50 has a low interest rate and still offers all the features you might need. You can make extra repayments and redraw for free, as well as keep topping up your offset account to reduce the interest you’re paying.
Rebecca Pike is Finder's senior writer for money. She joined Finder after almost four years writing for business publications in the mortgage and finance industry, including three years as editor of Mortgage Professional Australia. She regularly appears as a money expert on programs like Sunrise and Today, as well as across radio and newspapers. She also holds an ASIC-recognised Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification.
With a maximum loan-to-value ratio of 50% and a maximum loan value of $850,000, this home loan is ideal for refinancers who have already paid off at least half of their home loan amount. It offers everything you need for a home loan, but be aware that the offset account comes at an additional cost of $395 a year.
The Chameleon - Executive Home Loan 50 also allows borrowers to make extra repayments towards their loan, with a redraw facility so you can access the cash if needed. It comes with really competitive interest rates and with only a few fees the comparison rate is strong too.
About this loan
What are the features of the Chameleon - Executive Home Loan 50?
- Optional offset account: For an annual fee of $395 you can choose to add on a 100% offset account.
- Extra repayments and redraw: Make extra repayments towards your loan with no penalty.
- Easy application: Mortgage House offers an easy, online application which can be completed in 15 minutes.
- Relocation support: With this feature, you can buy your next home before you've sold your current one.
How much does the loan cost?
- Valuation fee: Mortgage House will pay up to $300 of the valuation fee, but anything above that will need to be paid by the borrower.
- Settlement fee: $445.
- Discharge fee: $500.
- Although there is a fee of $600 when you apply, this is refunded after settlement.
How to apply
With Mortgage House you can apply simply online in 5 steps. The application takes as little as 15 minutes. You can connect your bank accounts to automatically upload your financial information and fast-track your application.
You can also speak to a Mortgage House lending specialist over the phone.
To apply for a home loan in Australia you typically need to be:
- Over 18
- An Australian permanent resident or citizen
You will need to provide:
- An Australian passport and/or driver's licence
- Details of the property you wish to purchase (if available)
- Contact details
- Income and employment information
- Details of expenses
- Details of other assets