Maven Gig offers brand new cars to get Uber drivers on the road faster.
Maven Gig is a rental car service that offers Uber driver partners access to a wide range of brand new Holden vehicles as part of its rental packages. Rates for the cars are competitive you get 24/7 roadside assistance, comprehensive car insurance and scheduled servicing included in your rental cost. There is a variety of new Holden cars to choose from, and you can find out what the options are in our guide.
Main points to consider when renting a vehicle through Maven Gig
Maven Gig offers rental packages designed for Uber drivers who want to rent a vehicle to drive with Uber. You also get to drive the car for personal use.
You can choose from a variety of Holden models available on Maven Gig’s website, or you can request a different Holden model. If you decide to do this the rate per week will be different so make sure to ask for a weekly rental quote. There is a minimum rental term of 28 days, and you are able to return the car if you give Maven one week's notice to cancel your contract.
Features of Maven Gig’s rental packages for Uber drivers
Here are some of the features you get when you rent a car with Maven Gig:
- A range of Holden vehicles to choose from. Maven Gig offers a wide range of Holden vehicles to choose from, from a compact hatch to an SUV.
- Insurance. Insurance is covered in the weekly fee for the vehicle.
- No lock-in contract. There is no lock-in contract, just a minimum term of 28 days.
- No exit fees. There are no exit fees associated with renting a vehicle.
- Easy to exit contract. As long as you advise Maven Gig in writing that you want to return your vehicle, you’re able to drop it off within seven working days.
- Flexible rental terms. Maven Gig offers a rental term of 28 days. Keep in mind a seven-day handback period applies.
- Worry-free driving. When you rent a vehicle you get unlimited kilometres, 24/7 roadside assistance, insurance included in the fees, and scheduled servicing to ensure your vehicle is constantly roadworthy and safe to drive.
- Use for business or pleasure. Although Maven Gig promotes its cars as being for Uber drivers, you can use them for pleasure as well.
- New models. The company offers the latest Holden models on the market, ensuring your car comes with the latest technology available.
- Available in major cities. Maven Gig has rental services in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle through Maven Gig?
Following is a rundown of the fees charged when you rent a vehicle:
- $150 for cleaning beyond normal wear and tear.
- $50 late return fee, charged per day when you do not return your vehicle on time.
- If you have an accident or damage the car, you will be charged $1,000 if you are over 25, and $1,500 if you are 25 or under, for each occurrence.
- If someone else is going to drive your car at any time, you will have to pay an unauthorised driver fee, which is calculated by Maven at the time you make the request.
- $150 will be charged if there is any evidence that a driver has been smoking in the vehicle.
- $300 deposit per rental term.
- $20 administration fee each time there is a need to process a parking ticket, an offence, toll fees or dishonoured payments.
- $10 late fee charged per day on top of the $50 late charge. For example, if you are 4 days late returning your vehicle, you would owe the $50 late charge as well as the $10 late fee that is charged per day ($40).
- $100 charge for late reservation cancellation per offence.
- There is a fee if you do not return the vehicle with at least a quarter of the tank full.
- $100 roadside assistance charge if you call the roadside assistance number because your keys are locked in the car or the car is running out of fuel.
The cost of fuel while driving your car is not included in your rental payments. You are also responsible for any tolls that are charged to the vehicle during the rental term.
How to sign up with Maven Gig
To meet the eligibility requirements for renting a car the following criteria are required:
- You must be in a city Maven is available. This is currently Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.
- A scanned copy of your passport or Medicare card. If using your passport, you must show both pages clearly.
- A copy of your driver's licence. This must clearly show your name, address, date of birth and expiry date.
- A credit card that has funds available. Funds must be available in order to make vehicle collection easier on the day.
Things to be aware of
Before you sign up with Maven Gig for a rental vehicle, make sure you will be able to comfortably make all the payments that are required, and that you have the capacity to pay for any extra charges should it be necessary.
Renting a car through Maven Gig is an alternative for people who want to drive for Uber but don’t have a vehicle of their own, or who have a vehicle but it does not meet Uber’s requirements. While it’s a good option to consider, remember to always compare rideshare rental services before making a decision.