Special offers and gifts to sweeten the deal for new life insurance customers
Choosing life insurance can be a confusing and complicated task. To help boost their market share and encourage you to take out cover, some insurers offer free gifts or the chance to win a prize to new customers who purchase a life insurance policy. Let’s take a look at the latest gift offers and special deals available.
Which life insurers offer free gifts?
Life insurers that have offered free gifts or competition entries to new customers in recent years include:
What types of free gifts are available?
What freebies have those insurers offered to new customers?
- Real Insurance. At the time of writing, Real Insurance was offering a $100 EFTPOS gift card with its Family Life Cover policy.
- Medibank. New customers who get a quote for a policy from Medibank’s suite of life insurance policies receive entry into a draw to win 1 of 10 $1,000 EFTPOS gift cards. In addition, customers who hold health cover with Medibank also receive a 10% discount on their life insurance policy.
- AAMI. AAMI offered a free $100 EFTPOS gift card to new customers who signed up for a life insurance policy during the promotional period.
- Insuranceline. A recent promotion from Insuranceline allowed new life insurance policyholders to choose from the following free gifts: a NutriBullet or a Lenovo A7-10 tablet.
The following deals were correct at the time of writing (8th of January 2018). Make sure you check with the provider for any chances to deals.
What types of terms and conditions will you need to follow?
These special offers aren’t available to all customers all the time. In order to access your free gift or special offer, you’ll need to satisfy a number of terms and conditions:
- Real Insurance. In order to qualify for the $100 EFTPOS gift card offer, you need to purchase a Real Family Life Cover Policy with a minimum premium of $20 per fortnight. The policy must be purchased while the offer is still current and remain above the minimum premium level without lapsing for 90 consecutive days following your first premium payment. A limit of one $100 gift card applies per Real Family Life Cover policy.
- Medibank. To qualify for this offer you will need to get a quote for Medibank life insurance, funeral insurance or income protection by 31 March 2018. The offer is available to Australian residents aged 18 and over, and there’s a maximum of two entries per person.
- AAMI. This offer has now ended. However, to qualify for the $100 gift card, you needed to obtain a quote and purchase a new AAMI life insurance policy from the insurer’s email promotions between 17 July and 17 September 2017. The offer was open to Australian residents aged 18 to 60, and customers needed to maintain cover beyond AAMI’s 30-day cooling-off period before claiming their card.
- Insuranceline. This offer has now ended. However, to qualify for the offer, new Insuranceline customers had to complete an application for a life insurance, income protection or funeral insurance policy during the promotional period, which ran from 14 November to 16 December 2016. Each eligible customer was entitled to only one gift.