Life insurance and chronic liver disease: What you're covered for.
Liver disease encompasses a range of diseases including:
- Liver fibrosis and scarring (cirrhosis)
- Cirrhosis (late-stage liver disease)
- Chronic liver inflammation (hepatitis)
- Alcohol and fatty liver disease (steatohepatitis)
Whether you're suffering from stages liver disease or looking to protect yourself in the future, life insurance might be able to help.
Trauma insurance and liver disease
If you're looking to insure yourself against illnesses you should look at trauma insurance. Trauma insurance allows you to have peace of mind knowing that if you developing illnesses like liver disease you will be covered:
- How will liver disease affect your life. Liver disease will affect your life in a variety of ways, however generally people with liver disease will feel tired. The tired feel that is associated with liver disease can be very draining and will often stop people from working.
- How will trauma insurance help you. If you have liver disease then you may stop working, this will affect the amount of money that you will have at your disposal. If you are looking to secure your future even if you fall ill then trauma insurance will be able to help you.
Trauma insurance will pay you a lump sum so you can be sure that you have a bit of money to spend on getting better.
If you are working then you will know how important your income will be. If you lose the ability to work or have major expenses arise in the future then you may find that you will be short of money. One situation that can bring both of those circumstances in is a major illness like liver disease. However, if you get trauma insurance you will be covered for a period of time after the pay out.
Compare Life insurance quotes from these direct brands
Pre-existing conditions and life insurance
Often, people will find that their previous medical history will affect the type of insurance that you will be able to apply for. When it comes to trauma insurance that covers liver disease:
- Previous conditions. Previous diseases and conditions will have to be given when you apply for an insurance policy. If any of these conditions increase the likelihood of you developing an illness you may have to get alternate forms of insurance.
- Previous conditions and insurance. If you have had existing conditions that will relate to liver disease then you may think than most insurance companies will not accept your application. However, many insurance companies will give you an altered contract or the same contract if you can show how you have rectified the situation.
Source: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2016
What is chronic liver disease?
- What is liver disease? Liver disease is a broad term that will cover all of the many diseases that may affect the liver. Liver disease will generally have resulted from damage to the liver that is irreversible and has caused loss of function.
- What causes liver disease? There are many causes to liver disease. Some of the most common forms of liver disease will be caused by damage to the liver through alcohol use while others may be due to hereditary diseases.
- What are the effects of liver disease? A person that is suffering from liver disease will generally show the same symptoms. Some of the symptoms of liver disease are jaundice, dark urine, pale stool, bone loss, easy bleeding, itching, small, spider-like blood vessels visible in the skin, enlarged spleen, fluid in the abdominal cavity, chills, pain from the biliary tract or pancreas and an enlarged gallbladder.