Kogan Super | Performance, features and fees
Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options that each have low fees and mostly follow an indexed investment approach.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Kogan Super offers a small range of low-fee, high-performing indexed investment options for your super. The products are managed by Mercer Superannuation, Australia's largest super administrator. As there isn't a default MySuper product available with Kogan Super, you'll be asked to choose an investment option when you first join the fund.
What are the key features of Kogan Super?
- 5 investment options. Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options to choose between when you join the fund.
- Index investing. Most of the investment options are indexed investments.
- Mobile app. The Kogan Money mobile app allows you to monitor your super balance and recent transactions and contributions on the go.
- Partnered with Mercer. Kogan Super has partnered with Mercer Superannuation, Australia's largest super administrator, to be the trustee of this product.
Kogan Super investment options explained
Kogan Super offers 5 different investment options to choose from. Most of these use an indexed investment strategy. Note that there isn't a default MySuper product offered by Kogan Super.
|Pre-mixed investment options||Risk level||Asset allocation|
|Enhanced Indexed Growth|
This option has around 72% allocation to growth assets including local and international shares, alternatives, fixed interest and cash. It's designed for a lot more growth over the long term compared to the Enhanced Indexed Conservative Growth options, while investing in less growth assets than the Indexed Diversified Shares option.
|Enhanced Indexed Conservative Growth |
This option invests in a similar mix of asset classes as the Enhanced Indexed Growth option, however it has much more exposure towards defensive assets like cash.
|Indexed Australian Listed Property |
This option invests almost exclusively in Australian listed property assets.
|Indexed Diversified Shares |
This option invests entirely in Australian and international shares.
This option is 100% defensive, with the entire balance invested in cash.
*Asset allocation between growth and defensive assets correct as of January 2022, and may shift slightly from time to time.
What insurance does Kogan Super offer?
When you join Kogan Super, you can access the following types of insurance cover through your super:
- Total and permanent disablement cover. This type of cover provides a lump sum payment if you become totally and permanently disabled and can no longer work.
- Death cover. This policy provides a lump sum payment when you die, allowing you to provide for your loved ones and help them repay debts.
A default level of this cover will be available automatically when you join (if you're eligible), and you can opt to increase your cover at any time.
How do I join Kogan Super?
You can join online in less than 20 minutes. You'll need to supply:
- Your personal details, including your name, address, date of birth and contact information
- Your Tax File Number (you do not have to give your super fund your TFN but if your fund doesn't have your TFN it won't be able to accept certain types of contributions from you and your benefit payments may be taxed at a higher rate than would otherwise apply)
- Details of your employer, so you can receive the super guarantee into your new fund
Once you've completed the application you will immediately receive your member number. A confirmation email will also be sent to you, and your membership application will be processed once you make the first contribution into your account. You can change your investment option at any time by logging into your account online.DISCLAIMER: This article may contain general advice. You should consider your own personal circumstances before deciding if a superannuation product is right for you. Superannuation is a long term investment and past performance is not indicative of future performance.
More guides on Finder
Spouse super contributions
Spouse super contributions allow you to grow your partner’s super balance and also save money on tax. Here’s how spouse super contributions work.
Worst Super Funds
Here’s a current list of the worst-performing super funds in Australia and steps for how to switch to a better fund.
Retirement planning in Australia
This guide explains how to devise a superannuation strategy that works for you and how to plan for further income in old age, and gives you tips for pulling it all together.
Superhero Super: How to invest your super with Superhero
Superhero Super offers two different investment options which both give members more control over how their super is invested. Here's how the super account works.
What is superannuation?
Superannuation is the main way of saving for your retirement in Australia. Your superannuation is one big investment portfolio in your name that's managed for you by your super fund.
Superannuation statistics 2022
There are 23.2 million super accounts in Australia with assets totaling $3.4 trillion. Find out the latest superannuation statistics.
International Women’s Day Report 2021
Finder's International Women's Day report explores the personal finance gap between men and women and the key drivers of financial inequality.
Ask an Expert