It's as quick and easy as ordering a pizza.
Changing mobile providers used to be a stressful task full of complex contracts and lengthy delays, but nowadays it's a relatively painless process involving little more than filling out a few online forms and waiting for a new SIM card to be mailed out to you.
Say you want to switch over to amaysim, for example. The whole thing can be done online and takes just a few simple steps to accomplish. All you need is an unlocked handset, an Australian address, an active email address and a valid form of Australian ID. Then just follow these quick and easy steps to make the switch:
Valid forms of Australian ID
- Credit or debit card in your name, issued by an Australian Banking institution
- Driver's license, issued within Australia
- Australian passport/International passport with valid Australian visa
- Medicare card
1: Pick your plan
2: Click "Buy now"
3: Choose whether to keep your old phone number or get a new one
4: Enter your address and payment details
5: Wait for your new SIM card to arrive in the post
6: Activate your new SIM
Simply load up amaysim's SIM activation page and enter the 13-digit number located on your new SIM card.
7 (optional): Wait for amaysim to port your old phone number across to your new SIM.
This usually only takes a couple of hours, and you can continue to use your old SIM in the meantime.
Now you're all set to start using your new amaysim mobile service. Congratulations!
Ready to switch to amaysim? Compare plans below:
- amaysim deals: Discount codes and coupons for January 2019
- amaysim’s giving free renewals to Patrick (or Patricia) for St Patrick’s Day
- Get three free plan renewals when you purchase the Samsung Galaxy S9 through amaysim
- amaysim ups mobile plan data inclusions: 20GB for $50
- New plans from amaysim are for text and talk budget fans