Boost your Qantas Points balance by transferring your hotel points to your frequent flyer account.
Being a member of a hotel loyalty program could bring you closer to your frequent flyer reward goals. With the option to transfer points from your hotel loyalty program to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account, you could pool your points and boost your Qantas Points balance.
Transferring your points is simple, but to make it even easier we’ve outlined exactly how you can do it below. Plus, we’ve highlighted some of the restrictions you’ll want to look out when considering transferring your hotel points.
Which hotel points can I transfer to my Qantas account?
The hotels offer different exchange rates and transfer limits:
|Hotel loyalty program||Exchange rate||Transfer limits|
|Le Club - Accor Hotels||1 Le Club AccorHotels = 1 Qantas Point||A minimum transfer of 4,000 Le Club AccorHotels Points per transaction.|
|Choice Privileges||20,000 Choice Privileges points = 3,000 Qantas Points||The minimum transfer amount is 20,000 Choice Privileges points per conversion.|
|Hilton Honors||10,000 Honors = 1,500 Qantas Points||Exchanges are in increments of 10,000 points.|
|Hyatt Gold Passport||5,000 Hyatt Points = 2,400 Qantas Points||A minimum transfer of 5,000 Hyatt Points is required per transaction.|
|Marriott Rewards||10,000 Marriott Points = 1,500 Qantas Points||A 10,000 Point minimum transfer is required.|
|IHG Rewards Club||10,000 IHG Rewards Club points = 2,000 Qantas Points||A 10,000 Point minimum transfer is required.|
How can I transfer the points from my hotel account to my Velocity account?
Each of the hotels have a different procedure for how you can transfer your points:
- Le Club AccorHotels. To transfer points, members must log into their Le Club AccorHotels account at the Le Club website and nominate how many points they’d like to move.
- Choice Privileges. You can transfer your Choice Privileges points online at choiceprivileges.com or by calling the Choice Service Center on 132 400 and providing your Velocity membership number.
- Hilton Honors. To convert your Hilton Honors Points into Qantas Points, contact your local Hilton Reservations on 1800 449 4155 or go to the exchange section of your Hilton Honors account.
- Hyatt Gold Passport. Once you have logged into your Hyatt account you can transfer your Points to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
- Marriott Rewards. You can convert your Marriott Rewards Points to Qantas Points via the Marriott’s website.
- IHG Rewards Club. To transfer your points, call the IHG Rewards Club on 02 9935 8362.
How can I earn Qantas Points through my hotel bookings?
If you are a member of any of the hotel loyalty programs, you can also earn Qantas Points when booking your accommodation:
|Hotel loyalty program||Process||Points you can earn|
|Hyatt||Present your Qantas Frequent Flyer and Hyatt Gold Passport membership numbers upon check in.||Earn 600 Qantas Points per stay for stays outside Australia and New Zealand and 1,000 Qantas Points per stay for stays within Australia and New Zealand.|
|InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG)||After logging into your IHG account you can select “managing earning preference” where you can nominate Qantas Airways.||You will earn three Qantas Points per AU$1 spent on hotels with Australia and up to 1,000 Points for your stay at international hotels.|
|Marriott||If you’re a member of the Marriott program you will need to go into the “My Account” page and update your earning preferences to “Miles” and select Qantas from the drop down box.||You can now earn up to two Qantas Points per USD$1 spent|
|Hilton Honors||You can earn Points by logging into your Hilton Honors account using your membership number and pin. From there you can link your account to a preferred travel partner, Qantas.||Automatically, you will earn 1 Qantas Point per eligible USD$1 spent on accommodation, plus an additional 10 Hilton Honors Base Points.|
Limitations and restrictions to consider
- Points available. In most cases, it will take up to six weeks for the points to be allocated to your Qantas Account.
- Reverse transfer. Once you have transferred your points from one account to the other, they cannot be returned to the original account.
Transferring your hotel loyalty points to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account allows you to manage your rewards more effectively. Knowing exactly what you have will ensure your points are put to good use and by building your total through the hotel loyalty programs, you could be one step closer to redeeming your dream reward!Back to top