Qantas triple points for Northern Territory: Worth it?
Flights to Darwin, Alice Springs and Uluru come with a bonus serve of points.
Need to top up your Qantas Points and also need a holiday? Qantas is offering triple the normal points earn on most of its Northern Territory flights.
Here are the key rules to watch out for:
- You have to register for the offer online first.
- You have to make the booking by midnight AEST Friday 15 April 2022 (so that's not much time to plan).
- Your booking must be for a flight between 1 May 2022 and 3 April 2023.
- You have to book a new return flight. One-way doesn't count, and you can't apply the deal to any existing bookings.
- The flight must be Qantas-operated, so no Jetstar, sorry.
- You get bonus Qantas Points, but no bonus Status Credits.
A Discount Economy return flight from Sydney to Darwin would normally earn 2,900 Qantas Points. With the offer, that goes up to 8,700 Qantas Points – enough in itself for a one-way Sydney-Melbourne flight. You'll earn even more if you book a more flexible or Business fare, or if you're a Silver, Gold, Platinum or Platinum One frequent flyer.
As usual, you shouldn't book a trip purely to earn points. But if you've had the Northern Territory on your bucket list for a while, this might move its priority up.
These are the routes which are eligible. They include the new Sydney-Uluru, Cairns-Darwin and Townsville-Darwin flights which Qantas launched in March.
- Alice Springs-Sydney
- Alice Springs-Melbourne
- Alice Springs-Perth
- Alice Springs-Brisbane
- Alice Springs-Adelaide
Happy flight hunting!
Want to keep your frequent flyer points balance growing? Check out the latest credit card sign-up deals.
Angus Kidman's Findings column looks at new developments and research that help you save money, make wise decisions and enjoy your life more.
Picture: Angus Kidman