Looking for a better deal on power? EnergyAustralia offers a range of electricity and gas plans with competitive market rate discounts.
⚡ Electricity plans available in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, SA | ♨ Gas plans available in NSW, ACT, VIC, SA
EnergyAustralia was originally founded in 1995 as TRUenergy and has been known as EnergyAustralia since 2012. Today they are one of the biggest power retailers in Australia with over 1.7 million customers, as well as an immense portfolio of traditional power generation sites and steady investment in renewable options. EnergyAustralia can put more energy options at your fingertips in the form of a range of plans and discounts that may help you cut energy costs and take steps towards a cleaner Australia.
- EnergyAustralia provide an array of electricity and gas plans. Head over to their Electricity and Gas section on their website and fill in your details to find a plan that best suits your energy needs. You also have the option to bundle electricity and gas.
- EnergyAustralia also provide a tailored solar service with a range of solar power systems designed to suit your budget and energy needs. Their solar systems are comprised of solar panels, inverters and a full installation. You can request a quote online or call 136 385 for further information.
Key benefits of EnergyAustralia
- Award winning energy provider. EnergyAustralia provide energy to over 1.7 million customers in Australia and have received numerous awards for their customer satisfaction and service by Canstar Blue and Roy Morgan.
- Carbon neutral energy. EnergyAustralia guarantees 100% carbon neutral electricity to their customers free of charge.
- Green energy options. EnergyAustralia offers green electricity plans that abide by the government's GreenPower initiative.
- $0 upfront solar plans. If you sign up for a long-term solar power plan from EnergyAustralia, you won't have to pay any upfront fees for installation.
- Seamless online signup. They have a simple web user interface, making the signup process easy and fast for users.
Taking your EnergyAustralia electric or gas plan with you to a new house is easy.
- Call 1800 596 517 and tell EnergyAustralia that you’re planning on moving house.
- Supply the new address details, tell the company when you’re moving and what day you want the new service to be connected.
If you want to have EnergyAustralia power at your new home, simply sign up online and then book your move.Back to top
To become an EnergyAustralia customer you will require:
- An unexpired driver’s licence, Medicare card or passport.
- A valid email address and phone number.
Once you have those in order, simply pick out the plan you want and follow the prompts online to choose and customise your plan.
EnergyAustralia accepts a wide range of payment options, but registering for an account can make it easier. Having an EnergyAustralia account allows you to:
- Pay, view and manage your bills online.
- Set up direct debit or regular payment plans so you don't have to worry about forgetting.
- Create your own personalised instalment plan to avoid the “bill shock” of a small bill one month and a big bill the next.
- Request payment extensions and view your billing history.
If you don't want to create an account, there are plenty of other options.
- Credit card. EnergyAustralia accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express credit cards and debit cards.
- Direct debit. Set up automatic payments from your bank account to make the pay-on-time discounts easy. You will still get a chance to look at and review your energy bill before the payment is made.
- BPAY. Find the biller code on your energy bill to set up payments with BPAY.
- Mail. Send in a cheque or money order with your payment slip, made out to EnergyAustralia, to the address shown on your bill.
- Over the phone. Pay your bill over the phone by calling 131 816 and following the steps provided.
- In person. Take your bill to any Australia Post branch to pay your bill in person with cash or cheque.
If you suffer a power outage, emergency or require any other kind of assistance, you can contact EnergyAustralia online or on the following numbers:
- Call 133 466 between 8:00 am and 6:30 pm AEST on Monday-Friday for general enquiries.
- Use their online live chat feature to get your questions answered by energy experts.
- Request a callback by filling out their online form available in the Help and Support section on their website.
- For problems with poles, wires, meters and other infrastructure you need to contact your local distributor. You can search for its contact details using the distributor postcode tool on the EnergyAustralia website.
- For similar problems with your gas network use the postcode tool on the EnergyAustralia website to find your local distributor's contact details.