Country Energy electricity provider


Who is Country Energy?

Country Energy was founded in 2001 by the merger of Great Southern Energy, Energy Advance and Northpower energy retailers. It quickly became one of the most popular energy providers in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria. In 2010 Country Energy was sold to Origin Energy and re-branded as Essential Energy.

Can you switch to Country Energy?

Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to switch to Country Energy. However, it may still be possible to switch to Essential Energy, or to their parent company Origin Energy. For more information and full details follow the link below to see our complete review of Origin Energy and Essential Energy.

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

More energy guides

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.

6 Responses

  1. Default Gravatar
    SharmainDecember 12, 2017

    We have had solar installed 23/11/2017, we have been advised that country energy would attend premises to install/activate? To date, we have not had any contact. Is this something organized by Origin Energy or do we need to contact?

    • finder Customer Care
      RenchDecember 13, 2017Staff

      Hi Sharmain,

      Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that we are not affiliated with Country Energy or any company we feature on our site and so we can only offer you general advice.

      I suggest contacting Country Energy directly to follow-up the installation/activation of your service on your address. They should be able to provide you information.

      Best regards,

  2. Default Gravatar
    SandraJanuary 22, 2017

    I need electricity supplied to my new house.

    • finder Customer Care
      JasonJanuary 22, 2017Staff

      Hi Sandra,

      Thank you for contacting

      We’re a financial comparison website and general information service designed to help consumers make better decisions. Please note that we are not an electricity & gas supplier and we do not represent any of the company that we feature on our pages.

      Please check out this link for a comparison of different electricity and gas suppliers to help you select the supplier that could provide electricity service to your house.

      Alternatively, you may also request a callback from an energy broker and compare plans, if you need assistance.

      I hope this helps.

      Kind regards,

  3. Default Gravatar
    GailJune 26, 2016

    How do I transfer from my tenant’s name to mine as I am taking possession of my house once again.

    • finder Customer Care
      ShirleyJune 28, 2016Staff

      Hi Gail,

      Thanks for your question.

      You will need to contact Country Energy directly to organise this as this is a direct account enquiry.

Ask a question
Go to site