Find the energy concessions and rebates available in your state.
Many households are entitled to reduced energy costs through government rebate and concession programs. The rebates available to you, and their eligibility requirements, will vary depending on your state.
Find an energy concession and rebate list for your state here.
New South Wales
What kinds of energy concessions are available in Australia?
Depending on your state, eligible pensioners may access the following energy rebates:
- Discounts or credit on your electricity bill
- Discounts on your natural gas or LPG costs
- Life support system and medical cooling rebates for people who need to use energy intensive equipment or have special medical requirements necessitating high power use in their home
- Financial hardship assistance to help keep the power on in times of temporary financial hardship
- Blackout compensation if you have been affected by unplanned power outages
What other energy rebates and discounts are available?
Other available savings can include the following:
- Significant discounts for more energy efficient appliances
- Solar feed-in tariffs
- Additional savings for reducing energy use for heating and cooling, finding ways to reduce your water consumption and more.
Your energy bill is directly tied to how much power you use, so becoming more energy efficient will always help save you money, with or without concessions and rebates.