Start Broadband provides NBN and ADSL plans with a variety of data limits, download speeds and voice line services.
finder.com.au Start Broadband Unlimited NBN plans
|Broadband plan||Technology/Speed||Monthly cost|
|Start Broadband Unlimited 12/1||nbn12||$75.00|
|Start Broadband Unlimited 25/5||nbn25||$85.00|
|Start Broadband Unlimited 50/20||nbn50||$95.00|
|Start Broadband Unlimited 100/40||nbn100||$105.00|
What services does Start Broadband offer?
Start Broadband is an NBN service provider, including fibre to the premises (FTTP) and fibre to the node (FTTN) services. All NBN speed tiers are available to Start customers, with plans offering either 50GB or unlimited monthly data.
If NBN is not available in your area, Start Broadband also offers ADSL services. The NBN and ADSL plans both provide either 50GB of data per month, or an unlimited monthly download limit. Each service can be bundled with a Start Talk phone service. These phone services offer either local, national and mobile options, or an international call package. Each of the plans are available on either 6-month or 24-month contracts.
Setup costs depend on the term of the contract you choose. The 6-month contracts have a $99 setup fee, not including a modem. This means you must either purchase a modem through Start Broadband or from another source.
The 24 month contracts have no setup fees and include a Wireless Gateway modem at no additional cost. You can choose to increase the speed of your NBN plan at an additional cost, depending on your required upload and download speed.
You also have the option of adding a phone service to your Internet service. These include a pay-as-you-go option or options for unlimited calls and international calls that have a set cost per month.
If you want to cancel your Start Broadband services before the end of your contract, there will be early termination charges. These charges are equivalent to the number of months remaining on your contract.
Start Broadband provides customers with several phone services. The Start Unlimited Talk option costs an additional $20 per-month and provides customers with unlimited calls to local, standard national and Australian mobile numbers. Start Broadband also provides a Start International Saver option for an additional $15 per month. This option gives you $100 calling credit to any international landline destination. If you are a less frequent phone user, there is also a pay-as-you-go option that charges you based on the standard call rates.
- 6 month or 24-month contracts. Offering different contract lengths provides flexibility to customers who are not settled in one place for a long period of time, or those who don’t like long-term contracts.
- Value for money. All of the plans are competitively priced. Services offered through other providers, such as Telstra, are more expensive and may not have an unlimited monthly data option.
- Local support team. Start Broadband has a locally-based support team that can help you with any questions or problems you may have.
- Modem costs. Unless you sign up to a 24-month contract, you must purchase a modem either through Start Broadband or from another source.
- Limited NBN technology types. Currently Start Broadband only offers NBN fibre to the premises(FTTP). Though it is soon launching NBN FTTN (fibre to the node), your current options with Start Broadband are limited.
For more broadband news, deals and offers, follow and subscribe below
Latest broadband news
No more maximum speed claims, but a more realistic picture of what you're likely to get from each NBN provider. Read more…
Internet providers can have wildly different excess data policies. We've broken the big ones down for you right here. Read more…
If the NBN isn't delivering the speeds you were promised, here's how to fix it. Read more…
Or can you cut the cord and ditch your home phone completely? Read more…
The latest NBN technology promises faster speeds and less stress. Read more…
When the Internet goes down, turning it off and on again is sometimes a viable solution. Read more…