Foxtel Broadband combines access to pay TV with a broadband service and a home phone line. What does the bundle include?
With Foxtel Broadband, you can have your pay TV and broadband conveniently combined into a single bill. Running off Telstra's copper network, Foxtel Broadband delivers ADSL2+ speeds and unmetered downloads for Foxtel iQ and Foxtel Play.
Foxtel two weeks free trial
Get free trial for two weeks now at Foxtel Play
Foxtel Broadband includes an ADSL2+ broadband connection, a home phone line and a Foxtel TV subscription. (Note that even if you have a cable connection for Foxtel itself, the broadband connection will be over telephone copper, not the cable. If ADSL2+ is not offered in your area, you'll be connected to ADSL if it is available. As with any broadband service, your actual speed will vary.)
Every Foxtel Broadband plan includes these features:
- A Foxtel iQ2 box to receive and record Foxtel channels.
- A Foxtel Hub Wi-Fi modem/router.
- The Entertainment Pack, which includes 45 channels. You can add additional TV packages (such as the Drama or Sports packs) for an extra monthly fee. The full Platinum HD bundle includes all Foxtel's channel bundles.
- Free voicemail and caller number display for your phone line.
- Unmetered access to Foxtel Go online catch-up via your iQ box for all channels you subscribe to. This means viewing those shows won't count against your monthly download allowance. (Be aware that not every single show appears on Go.)
The data and call inclusions will vary depending on which package you select. The basic bundles are listed below. You can choose between a 12 or 24 month contract.
|Plan||Data||Phone inclusions||Foxtel inclusions||Contract||Price/month||Minimum total price|
|100GB Bundle||250GB||Standard local calls||Entertainment Pack||$105||$2719 (24 months), $1599 (12 months)|
|Unlimited Bundle||Unlimited||Standard local and national calls||Entertainment Pack||$140||$3559 (24 months); $2019 (12 months)|
|Unlimited Platinum HD Bundle||Unlimited||Standard local and national calls||Platinum HD||$229||$5586 (24 months); $2978 (12 months)|
To expand the existing Entertainment pack, you can add one of six channel packs: Sports, Movies, Drama, Kids, Docos & Entertainment Plus. (Fees vary for each pack.)Back to top
Once you've chosen your Broadband deal and channel packs, you also have the option to add HD Channels, Specialty Channels and Multiroom packages for an additional fee.
Here's some of the content you'll have access to when you subscribe to Foxtel Broadband.
The connection fees vary depending on whether you take up a 12- or 24-month contract.
- On a 12-month plan, you'll pay a $119 activation fee, $140 for the Foxtel Hub, $75 for the iQ2 and $75 for installation.
- On a 24-month plan, you'll pay a $59 activation fee, $75 for the iQ2 and $75 for installation.
Check the terms and conditions for the full details of the package.
- All-in-one bill means less hassle
- Access to a wide range of TV content, including Game of Thrones
- Customisable channel packs
- Unmetered access to Foxtel Go
- Calls to mobiles are relatively expensive
- You have a contract so cancellation fees may apply if you move
- Broadband is ADSL2+, so speeds will vary
Is the data included in Foxtel Broadband's deals divided by off-peak and on-peak?
No, Foxtel Broadband do not have off-peak and on-peak limits.
Does Foxtel Broadband allow me to keep my current home phone number?
So long as you're not moving to a different area, this shouldn't be an issue, but check with a customer service representative before going ahead with the sale.
What happens if I go over my data allowance?
On the 100GB plan, your broadband speeds will be shaped to 256Kbps -- OK for browsing but too slow for video or downloading large files. On the unlimited plan, this isn't an issue.