Telstra Pixel 7 plans and pricing + free gift with pre-orders
The cat's out of the bag and Telstra's calling the shots with some great pre-order deals for Google's newest Pixel 7 series.
Telstra has come out all guns blazing with some great pre-order deals – you can get $100 off the Pixel 7 or a bonus gift on the Pixel 7 Pro worth $427.
The gift will include a Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), Pixel Buds A-Series and Pixel Stand.
Before we get into Telstra's phone plans, keep in mind we've used its cheapest mobile plan – $58 per month for 40GB – to give you a breakdown of monthly repayments across 12, 24 or 36 months.
Telstra Pixel 7 plans: Pre-order and get $100 off
You can get the Pixel 7 across 2 storage variants. Outright, the 128GB model costs $999 and the 256GB will set you back $1,299.
With Telstra's $100 discount offer though, you're looking at $899 (128GB) and $1,299 (256GB) during its pre-order period.
Here's what you'll be paying if you get it on a Telstra phone repayment plan:
- $82.97 a month over 36 months
- $95.45 a month over 24 months
- $132.91 a month over 12 months
- $86.58 a month over 36 months
- $100.87 a month over 24 months
- $143.74 a month over 12 months
Telstra Pixel 7 Pro plans: Pre-order and get a bonus gift worth $427
If you pre-order the Pixel 7 Pro on a phone plan from Telstra, you will also get a Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), Pixel Buds A-Series and Pixel Stand. That's $427 worth of freebies.
The Pixel 7 Pro comes across 3 storage variants that will cost you $1,299 (128GB), $1,449 (256GB) or $1,599 (512GB) outright.
On a Telstra phone repayment plan, you're looking at more reasonable monthly costs of:
- $94.08 a month over 36 months
- $112.12 a month over 24 months
- $166.25 a month over 12 months
- $98.25 a month over 36 months
- $118.37 a month over 24 months
- $178.75 a month over 12 months
- $102.41 a month over 36 months
- $124.62 a month over 24 months
- $191.25 a month over 12 months
- Good to know: If you have an eligible phone in good working condition, you could trade it in and save even more money on the Pixel 7 series. For example, a Pixel 6 (128GB) in good working order could get you up to $375, dropping the RRP of the Pixel 7 (128GB) to just $524.
What else do I get on a Telstra Pixel 7 plan?
Telstra's biggest selling point is its widespread coverage across Australia. Its 3G/4G network reaches 99.5% of the population and its 5G network extends to 80%.
This means if you live in rural or regional Australia, a Telstra mobile plan will be key to avoid spotty coverage.
On top of that, you get a few other bells and whistles such as:
- No excess data charges. Your speeds will get capped at 1.5Mbps once you've used up your monthly data allowance.
- Telstra Plus points for rewards.
- Unlimited texts to standard international numbers and 30 minutes of free calls.
- A free month of Foxtel Now (both new and returning customers).
- 1-month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (new customers only).
- Keep in mind. Telstra's pre-order deals for the Pixel 7 line-up end at 8:59am AEDT on 13 October, just in time for the official launch, so you'll need to get in fast.
Not sure if you want a Google Pixel 7 phone plan from Telstra? We've compared Google Pixel 7 plans from all 3 major telcos in Australia so you can make an easier decision.