An established life insurance company, TAL has partnered up with nib to offer health insurance, initially through a select group of financial advisors. With a focus on customer relationships, TAL wants to help you find the health insurance that works best for you.
Top 3 features
- Good for existing customers of TAL Life Insurance.
- Good for those referred by a financial advisor.
- Good for young people after a discount.
Who is TAL Health Insurance?
With over 140 years experience, award-winning TAL has firmly established itself as one of the leading Life Insurance specialists in Australia and New Zealand, protecting almost 4 million Australians and their families. They're now partnering with nib to offer more ways to protect Australians and their health.
With so many options, finding the right health insurance can be difficult and time-consuming. TAL recognise this and that's why, when you're referred to one of their financial advisers, you'll receive a 5% premium discount. Aiming to stand out as the best and most affordable providers out there, their team can help you review your personal needs to make sure you've got the right health insurance for you and your family.
What health insurance options are available?
TAL Health Insurance is designed to give all Australians confidence that they have the cover they need. You can mix and match these policies to find combined Hospital and Extras cover that suits you.
- Bronze Hospital Plus. Cover for more than just the basics. With cover for accidents and a range of common procedures such as joint reconstruction and eye treatment, but excludes some of the high cost procedures you likely won't need.
- Silver Hospital Plus. Value hospital cover for more than the basics, but avoiding payment for services you probably won't need. Silver Hospital Plus covers back, neck and spine, implantation of hearing devices, the heart and vascular system, plus more.
- Silver Hospital Advanced. Provides extensive cover for a host of treatments and services. It's the ideal option for those who don't want pregnancy and birth related services, which helps bring the cost down.
- Gold Hospital. This is the ideal option for the family, or for those who want a family. It provides cover for pregnancy and birth services as well as all of Medicare's recognised in-hospital services.
- Essential Extras. 60% back, competitive extras for all the important things like dental, optical, physio and chiro.
- Wellbeing Extras. 60% back, this option is ideal for singles or young couples. With extras including natural therapies and exercise physiology, it's a great option for those who want to stay fit and injury-free.
- Family Wellbeing Extras. 60% back, this one helps protect you and your children, with extras like podiatry and orthotics.
- Premium Extras. 75% back and the most comprehensive range with an extensive list of services.
Information on tiers
TAL Health Insurance have realigned their health cover in line with the government's Private Health Insurance Reforms, requiring policies to fall under the standardised Basic, Bronze, SIlver and Gold tiers.
Young people discount
If you're 18 to 29 years old and have or are planning to take our hospital cover, you can receive a premium discount of up to 10%, depending on your age when you sign up for a policy.
As well as the 5% discount you receive when you're referred by your financial adviser, TAL offers a range of features and benefits including:
- Seeing recognised providers you want to see, even when you switch
- 100% back on a range of preventative checks, as well as covering tests that Medicare doesn't
- They make it quick and easy to switch
- No waiting period if you're switching from equivalent cover
How to make a claim
When making a claim with TAL, you need to contact your case manager. They'll help you make the claim as speedy as possible.
If you've signed up via a financial advisor, or directly from TAL Insurance, call 1800 101 016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a claim.
If you've purchased your policy through your super fund or employer, get in touch with them first to make a claim.