If you’re happy with the handset you’ve got, Optus SIM Only contract plans are worth considering.
What services do Optus SIM plans offer?
Optus operates its own 4G Plus network across Australia, although the precise technology and frequency you connect on will depend on both your location and the capabilities of your specific device.
SIM Only plans, as the name suggests, involve you bringing an existing owned and unlocked smartphone to the Optus network and receiving a SIM card to insert into your device as well as service for the term of your contract period. Optus SIM plans are available only on month-to-month contracts. As postpaid contract plans, Optus offers a range of inclusions, but any usage over and above those inclusions will incur additional fees that you’ll be charged at the end of each contract month.
How much do Optus SIM plans cost?
Optus offers SIM Only postpaid plans on a month-to-month basis only.
Here's the typical pricing on Optus' SIM Only plans:
- Optus Choice 10GB: Unlimited calls and texts plus 10GB of data for $39 a month
- Optus Choice 60GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 60GB of data for $49 a month
- Optus Choice 100GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 100GB of data for $59 a month
- Optus Choice 120GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 120GB of data for $79 a month
Optus frequently runs specials on its month-to-month SIM-only plans, so it's well worth comparing current values.
- EPL inclusions. Fans of English football can watch matches on their phones thanks to Optus Sport.
- Data Pool. If you’ve got other Optus mobile contract products you can share your data around easily with these plans.
- Fewer inclusions than full phone contracts. If you’re considering the month-to-month SIM Only plans, especially at higher rates, it’s worth comparing against a full two-year phone contract, especially as the inclusions differ and you may be able to score a 'free' phone upgrade as part of the deal.
- Save by switching to a cheap mobile plan during lockdown
- Optus and Vodafone now offering the Google Pixel 4 at half price
- Telstra, Optus & more offer free data and calls for working from home: How much more do you get?
- Vodafone’s 5G network is now online
- Telstra postpaid customers can score a heavily discounted Kayo Sports subscription