After significant testing, these are our picks of the phones to buy
Optus contract mobile plans
Optus Choice contract plans offer you both simple SIM-only plans or two year plans with bundled smartphones on Optus’ 4G Plus network.
What services does Optus Mobile offer?
Optus provides a wide range of mobile phone handsets on 24-month contract terms, including all the heavy hitters such as Apple's iPhone range and Samsung's Galaxy S and Galaxy Note phones. For those on a more constrained budget, there are simpler handsets available at lower contract prices, including some handsets bundled free with certain plan combinations.
Your handset repayments will vary depending on the phone you choose, but they're all based off Optus' standard month-to-month Optus Choice contracts, which at a base level at the time of writing look like so:
- Optus Choice 10GB: Unlimited calls and texts plus 10GB of data for $39 a month
- Optus Choice 60GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 60GB of data for $49 a month
- Optus Choice 100GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 100GB of data for $59 a month
- Optus Choice 120GB: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited international minutes to 35 destinations and 120GB of data for $79 a month
Optus frequently runs special offers on its contract phone plans, with either pricing discounts across the life of the plan or bonus data, and sometimes both to entice you to sign up.
- New phone trade up. If a new phone comes along that you like more, you can switch handsets and contracts after only 12 months.
- Free international calls. Many tiers of Optus Choice plans come with an allotment of international calling minutes.
- Data Pool. If you have multiple Optus Choice services on the same billing account, you can pool the data together to maximise the usage of data you're already paying for.
- Phone upgrades mean you have to keep your phone in good order. You can't upgrade if your phone isn't up to scratch — and you are signing up for a further two years as well.
- Month to Month plans aren’t quite as good value. If you opt for Optus’ month to month plans you not only pay more than the 12 month price, you also get less data to use along the way.
Latest mobile plan deals on Finder
Read why this is one of the best Samsung Galaxy phones yet
Ask an Expert