NRMA Used Car Loan
- Application Fee
- Interest Rate (p.a.)
- From 8.49% (fixed)
- Comparison Rate (p.a.)
- Max Loan Amount
The NRMA Used Car Loan gives you a convenient way to finance a used car. You can also get a quick approval on the car loan and are not required to pay an ongoing fee.
Quick and easy application process
Low fixed-interest rates
No monthly fees
Minimum loan amount $5,000
$499 application fee for general applicants
$485 application fee for sub-prime applicants
$445 application fee for commercial applicants
Early termination fee of $205
|NRMA Used Car Loan
|Interest Rate (p.a.)
|8.49% to 16.99%
|Comp. Rate (p.a.)
|9.21% to 17.77%
|Interest Rate Type
|Min Loan Amount
|Max Loan Amount
Main points to consider with the NRMA Used Car Loan
The NRMA Used Car Loan comes with a fixed interest rate of 8.49% p.a. and a comparison rate of 9.21% p.a. The loan is suitable for a range of used vehicle types, include cars, motorcycles, caravans and motorhomes. If you haven't chosen your vehicle yet a pre-approval service is available. If you're an NRMA Member you can also enjoy an interest rate discount.
Features of the NRMA Used Car Loan
This loan comes with a range of competitive features and benefits which are outlined below.
- Interest rate. Having a fixed interest rate allows you to easily budget for your loan repayments with the same regular monthly payment amount. The fixed interest rate for this loan is 8.49% p.a.
- Discounted interest rate. With an NRMA membership, you can take advantage of their exclusive member offer and get a discounted interest rate which means you can lower your repayments. The NRMA benefits save members 1% p.a. on the loan rate. This offer is available on used vehicles over two years old and is not applicable to vehicles eligible for the promotional rate of 8.49% p.a.
- Loan terms. You can choose loan terms to help keep your repayments manageable – terms are available between 1 year and 7 years.
- Repayment flexibility. NRMA Used Car Loan offers a fairly flexible repayment term option. You can choose to pay either on a monthly basis or on a fortnightly basis and can make extra payments anytime.
- Loan amounts. You can choose to borrow between $5,000 and $130,000.
- Pre-approval and quick turnaround. NRMA Used Car Loan offers you a five-hour pre-approval service which can give you a fast approval within five business hours. This provides you a better bargaining power with your car dealer to get the best deals possible by having the funds on standby. Once all the paperwork is completed by NRMA, your funds are made available to you by the next working day.
How to apply for the NRMA Used Car Loan
You can apply for this loan by clicking the "Go to Site" button. Just make sure you have the following documents on hand to complete the application process:
- Your driver's licence
- Details of your income
- Details of the value of your asset, such as your car, savings, property, etc.
- Financial details if you're currently renting a property
- Details of amounts owed by you on any store credit cards, credit cards or loans
For conditional approvals, you are not required to submit any documentation. Once the car loan is conditionally approved, you will be asked to verify the details mentioned in your loan application, such as the address, your identity and income. However, NRMA will contact you if more information or details are required before approval in certain circumstances. Financial statements are required for self-employed applicants.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
August 06, 2019
Can I apply for a car loan when just starting a new job. Contract signed and is a permanent position. Or do I have to wait until I have started job and have payslips to submit with application.
Faye Manuel Finder
August 08, 2019
Thanks for contacting Finder.
I understand you want to apply for a car loan with NRMA. I suggest you wait until you receive your first pay check that way you’ll be able to present the details of your income when you are asked to verify the details mentioned in your loan application. Please ensure you also meet the other requirements above and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statements/Terms and Conditions before applying.
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less