How to get the iPhone 13 for only $149 from Vodafone
Vodafone has your Christmas sorted with up to $1,200 off a new Apple or Samsung phone.
Starting today, 8 December, you will be able to get your hands on a $400 or $1,200 handset voucher if you sign up to Vodafone's new 200GB SIM-only plan for either 12 or 24 months.
Here's what's on offer:
- 24-month contract for $99 a month, with 200GB and a $1,200 handset voucher
- 12-month contract for $89 a month, with 200GB and a $400 handset voucher
This means if you wanted the iPhone 13 (128GB) which is priced at $1,349, you would only have to pay $149 upfront and $99 for your mobile plan per month over 24 months.
If you're not keen on a long-term commitment, you could still get a decent $400 discount and pay $949 upfront instead, with an $89 a month plan over 12 months.
What else is Vodafone offering?
Here's a quick look at all the phones eligible to be purchased with its new $99 SIM only plan.
To give you an idea of the minimum amount you would have to pay upfront, we've noted down the costs below if you choose to stay connected for 24 months.
- iPhone 13 128GB: From $149
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB: From $499
- iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB: From $649
- iPhone 13 mini 128GB: From $0
- Samsung Galaxy S21 128GB: From $49
- Samsung Galaxy S21+ 128GB: From $349
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 128GB: From $649
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 256GB: From $1,299
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 128GB: From $299
Keep in mind Vodafone's offer only runs till 22 December.
Is there a catch with this deal?
There are a few things to keep in mind before you jump on Vodafone's latest offer.
- You will need to stay connected for the full 12 or 24 months, otherwise you'll be required to pay an early exit fee.
- The handset voucher must be used towards the outright purchase of a mobile phone either in-store or via Vodafone Customer Care.
- The phone will need to be purchased in the same transaction as the $89 or $99 SIM Promo plan.
- If your handset voucher exceeds the upfront cost of your phone, your remaining credit will be forfeited.
You'll only be able to redeem this offer if you head in-store or call Vodafone to chat to their customer care team.
What do you get on a Vodafone plan?
Signing up to Vodafone's newest plan will give you access to:
- Infinite data. Once you've used up your 200GB data allowance, your speeds will be capped at 1.5Mbps.
- Access to its 5G network if it's available in your area.
- 1,000 minutes of free international calls to Zone 1 countries.
- International roaming for $5 per day.
The bottom line
This deal might feel like a steal because you could essentially be getting yourself a new phone for free (which would be the case with the iPhone 13 mini), but keep in mind that the cost of the mobile plan itself is on the expensive side.
This deal may only be suited for you if you're ready to commit to Vodafone for the long term, will actually use 200GB each month and are okay to spend at least $89 on your monthly phone bill.